Nachiket Barve brings the ‘Golden Hour’ to LFW rampAugust 19th, 2011 - 12:03 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 18 (IANS) Designer Nachiket Barve’s collection “The Golden Hour” transformed the Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) ramp into the period just after dusk before the night claims the sky. The beautiful garments showcased by models bore colours that set the sky ablaze during this spectacle.
“My collection is called the Golden Hour. When you see the theme of speed and you see the sky at the time just when the sun is set and just before its rising, its like a kaleidoscope of colour and its rapidly changing, every second. It’s a show that nature puts on for us. So translating speed in that essence was the way I chose to put it,” Nachiket told reporters here.
The line that brought a riot of colours to the ramp brought forward silhouettes that were ethnic with a sense of the contemporary context. It included kurtas, kaftan gowns, draped dresses, saris and skirts in a colour palette that included burgundy, plum, pink, gold, crimson, black and scarlet. Fabrics like chiffon, georgette, crepe, silk and tussar were used.
Nachiket’s collection that was sponsored by logistics provider, DHL was a treat to the eyes owing to the simplicity of design and beauty of the colours used.
The show, also showcased collections by two other designers - Little Shilpa and Swapnil Shinde.
While Shilpa’s collection was futuristic, Swapnil presented a line based on the speed of air waves.
- Amitabh Bachchan creates frenzy on LFW day three - Sep 19, 2010
- From no show to showstopper: Perizaad Zorabian at LFW - Mar 15, 2011
- Designers' ode to free-spirited women at WIFW show - Oct 10, 2011
- Shivan & Naresh, Swapnil Shinde use lasers in LFW show - Aug 07, 2012
- Festive wear to dominate LFW runway (Preview) - Sep 16, 2010
- West on backburner: Designers endorse Indian heritage - Feb 22, 2012
- A potpourri of business for designers at LFW (Review) - Aug 22, 2011
- Designers support Anna Hazare's cause - Aug 19, 2011
- Wearability wins over novelty as Pakistan fashion week opens - Nov 11, 2010
- Taufiq Qureshi steals WIFW show with vocal percussions - Feb 19, 2012
- Kavita Bhartia pays tribute to Indian weavers - Oct 09, 2011
- 11 designers to participate in India Bridal Fashion Week (With Images) - Aug 28, 2012
- LFW witnesses Bollywood glamour galore - Sep 21, 2010
- LFW's new high on Bollywood glamour quotient (Lead) - Sep 21, 2010
- Rina Dhaka returns to LFW after two years - Aug 18, 2011
Tags: air waves, barve, burgundy, chiffon, colour palette, dhl, garments, georgette, golden hour, kaleidoscope, lakme fashion week, logistics provider, plum, ramp, riot, saris, shilpa, shinde, silhouettes, skirts