MySpace names Oz rockers AC/DC as world’s best bandOctober 9th, 2010 - 5:04 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Oct 9 (ANI): Australian rock band AC/DC has been named as the best band in the world by MySpace.
Second on the list, which was released on October 7, was American rock band Nirvana followed by Red Hot Chilli Peppers in third place and the Beatles in fourth.
Surprisingly, the Rolling Stones failed to make the top ten bands.
U2 and Led Zeppelin also just made it on to the list, closing the ranks at number 9 and 10.
MySpace Content Manager, Dan Stapleton, said the results have highlighted the wide taste in music.
“These results demonstrate just how diverse MySpace’s user base is, and highlights Myspace as an entertainment destination that caters to all tastes in music,” the Herald Sun quoted him as saying.
“We’ve also taken the liberty of creating playlist for each of the Top Tens, so fans can listen to and share tracks by all their favourite artists,” he stated.
The top ten bands that made it to the list were:
3 Red Hot Chilli Peppers
5 Guns N Roses
10 Led Zeppelin (ANI)
- Bon Jovi's The Circle show 'was highest earning tour of 2010' - Dec 30, 2010
- Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' named best music video on MySpace - Oct 09, 2010
- Celebrated And Revered ‘Beatles’ Dominate The ‘Top 200’ List Of iTunes - Nov 23, 2010
- Jimi Hendrix's Voodoo Child named 'Best Guitar Riff Of All Time' - Nov 27, 2009
- Motley Crue, Cars and Green Day make it to Rock Band Top 10 list - Feb 21, 2011
- Metallica's Master of Puppets tops list of heavy metal albums - Apr 30, 2010
- Oprah Winfrey named highest earning celebrity of 2010 - Mar 14, 2011
- U2 Top Earners - Jul 17, 2010
- Nirvana's 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' voted best song of all time - Jul 13, 2009
- MySpace names Pink as best female artist - Oct 09, 2010
- International music festival kicks off in Rio - Sep 24, 2011
- Rock music on Bieber's favourite list - Jul 04, 2012
- Metallica voted most influential band - Jun 01, 2011
- Muse song named best guitar riff of the past decade - Oct 02, 2010
- Bon Jovi top live act of 2010 - Dec 30, 2010
Tags: ac dc, american rock band, australian rock band, band nirvana, beatles, content manager, entertainment destination, guns n roses, herald sun, hot chilli peppers, led zeppelin, metallica, myspace, number 9, playlist, red hot chilli peppers, rockers, rolling stones, stapleton, top tens