My world now revolves around son Vihaan: Nandita DasSeptember 12th, 2010 - 5:59 pm ICT by IANS
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, Sep 12 (IANS) Nandita Das is savouring every moment of the joy of motherhood — and no interruptions are allowed.
The actress has switched off from the world to concentrate on her son Vihaan, so much so that friends like Rituparno Ghosh, Shabana Azmi and Deepa Mehta are wondering how to connect with the excited mom.
Nandita says with a laugh: “I am enjoying this experience of having the little one around, whose cries and smiles mean the world to me. Though much of my time is going in feeding, nappy changing and trying to get some sleep. It is wonderful to keep the phone on eternal silence and e-mails on auto-reply! I have never been so grounded.”
Career-wise Nandita is an essential part of Deepa Mehta’s “Midnight’s Children”. The actress was earlier supposed to do Deepa’s much-acclaimed “Water”, but the coveted role finally went to Lisa Ray. “But no regrets and no grudges,” says Nandita.
Deepa and Nandita now meet just like old times.
Nandita says she is in her happiest space possible as she and her husband Subodh Maskara are just busy watching their little bundle of joy.
“I have never been so grounded. Somehow I am missing nothing else. Subodh and I are spending a lot of time just watching our son! We have named him Vihaan. It is the Sanskrit word for ‘a new beginning’ or ‘the morning rays of the sun’. It sure is a new beginning for us.”
Incidentally, Vihaan was born on the same date this year that Nandita met her husband last year.
“The uncanny thing is that Subodh and I met on August 11 last year, and he (Vihaan) was born on the 11th of August this year! Bizarre! The date will surely be the most important date in our lives,” says Nandita.
- Nandita Das: "I Met My Husband On 11 August 2009, Vihaan Was Born On 11 August 2010!" - Sep 13, 2010
- I'm not doing 'Midnight's Children': Nandita Das - Feb 24, 2011
- I'm doing nothing: Anusha Rizvi (Movie Snippets) - Sep 18, 2010
- Shahana and Milind Soman set me up with Subodh"- Nandita Das - Jan 06, 2010
- Mainstream cinema not my cup of tea: Nandita Das - Apr 24, 2012
- Nandita Das Gives Birth To A Son - Aug 13, 2010
- Working in 55-year-old government structure not easy: Nandita - Jan 10, 2012
- Now Nandita to direct film on flesh trade - Sep 06, 2010
- Deepa's quality of work surprises husband Ketan Mehta - Sep 12, 2011
- Nandita in love, again - Nov 21, 2009
- Bombay or Mumbai, it's the same, says Nandita (With Images) - Apr 22, 2010
- Nandita Das To Direct Another Film - Sep 06, 2010
- Deepa Mehta Signs Soha Ali Khan For Midnight's Children - Aug 04, 2010
- Model Kylie Bisutti quits Victoria's Secret over her religious beliefs - Feb 10, 2012
- From farm debts to KBC prize, a Vidarbha widow's story - Sep 12, 2011
Tags: august 11, auto reply, bundle of joy, deepa mehta, eternal silence, ghosh, grudges, important date, interruptions, lisa ray, morning rays, motherhood, mumbai, nandita das, no regrets, rays of the sun, sanskrit word, shabana azmi, smiles, subhash k jha