My Super-momJune 1st, 2009 - 10:41 am ICT by Sampurn Wire
By Deepa Mishra
They are the unsung heroes behind the making of us. “She is my super mom” is what we all to want say her every time she is around. She does not need any title to glorify her motherhood. But now its time to acknowledge their selfless love for all of us and so Bombay times held a contest Super mom 2009 to appreciate this altruistic creature of almighty.
Panel of jury comprised of Papa Chandrachur Singh, Mamma’s girl Yukta Mookhey, stunning Malaika Arora and Lilette Dubey, a mother of 25 and 28. According to Papa Chandrachur Singh, a Super mom is one who comes up triumphant in the time of crisis but as a child to his mom he cannot refrain from confessing, “My mom is the super mom because we are three mischievous brothers and we use to fight and snatch constantly. Bringing up such children itself makes her super mom”. Lilete Dubey enlightens that her mom is Super mom of her time, “she was a captain in army. She got married at the age of 31 when she had fulfilled all her dreams”. Former Miss World Yukta Mookhey who recently walked the aisle asserts, “I will be happy if I become even half of my mom as a mother. She has been by my side through thick and thin”.
All the mothers walked the ramp along with their kids in the designer sarees by Shaina NC. Unlike other contest it was not judged on the basis of catwalk or appearance but the bond between the child and the mother was put to the test. Whether mothers have recognized the latent talent of their children and have encouraged them to pursue it and also her personal and professional growth was the basis of this contest. If striking a right balance between personal and professional life is one criterion to be a super mom, then Malaika Arora Khan, is an epitome. What makes you a super mom for your child? She grins and replies “I haven’t taken any classes to be my child’s super mom. Obviously it comes naturally to a mom for her child. Values that my mom has instilled in us I have passed on the same in my child. I am very similar as mother to my mom. For me super mom is one who can excel in all the departments, be it husband or children”.
Mrs. Gurpreet Bajaj, a winner of the contest admits, “My husband and my children have been very supportive through out the contest. I am very selfish to this world when it come to my children, they are my world. Mrs. Arnaaz, a first runner up owes the title to her child, “Her existence in my life makes me eligible to participate in the contest”. Mrs.Bhavna, a second runner up divulges, “I can go to any extent for my child to give her the best. I owe my child completely because she is the one who read about this contest in the news paper and convinced me to participate, others wise I am very shy types”.
Eternal bond between the mother and her child cannot be judged by few rounds of contest. But such contest brings them together to strengthen the emotional ties. -Sampurn Media
- Yukta Mookhey accuses husband of abusing her - Sep 14, 2012
- Arbaaz wishes wife Malaika on birthday (Movie Snippets) - Oct 23, 2011
- Shapely lessons from Bollywood's glam moms (Mother's Day Special) - May 06, 2011
- Arbaaz and my son keep me updated about technology: Malaika - Jul 26, 2012
- Malaika to come up with fitness DVD - Feb 09, 2012
- Malaika upsets reality show contestant? (With Images) - Jun 05, 2012
- India has more beauty queens than most countries: Diana - Jun 14, 2012
- Now a film based on Osho's ideology (Movie Snippets) - Mar 26, 2012
- 'Happy Mother's day', tweets Bollywood - May 13, 2012
- The stork comes visiting B-town - Aug 04, 2011
- Court allows surrogate mother to keep baby - Jan 22, 2011
- Arbaaz denies his marriage is in trouble (Lead) - May 26, 2011
- Catch A Glimpse Of Malaika Arora Khan On Your Mobile! - Nov 20, 2010
- Malaika hopes budget will improve living conditions - Mar 13, 2012
- Gomez set to become big sister - Nov 27, 2011
Tags: bombay times, catwalk, chandrachur singh, child values, criterion, designer sarees, epitome, latent talent, lilette dubey, malaika arora, mamma, mishra, miss world, motherhood, professional growth, professional life, ramp, shaina nc, unsung heroes, yukta mookhey