My son has brought a lot of changes in me: MalaikaJune 10th, 2008 - 9:20 am ICT by IANS
By Radhika Bhirani
New Delhi, June 10 (IANS) Model-anchor-item girl Malaika Arora thanks her five-year-old son Arhaan for whatever she is today. “Arhaan is the best thing that happened to me. For anyone it’s the greatest joy to have a child and for every mother her child is her weakness. And, yes, he is my weakness,” said Malaika, best remembered as the “Chhaiya Chhaiya” girl.
Malaika, who was here to launch a store last week, has been married to actor Arbaaz Khan for 10 years and says of her son: “Arhaan brought a lot of changes in me in terms of the person that I am and to my temperament as well. I really thank him for making me the way I am today.”
The 34-year-old is all geared up for her first full-length role as an actress opposite Arjun Rampal in Suniel Shetty’s “EMI”.
“I am really excited about ‘EMI’. I play Arjun’s love interest in the film. The film talks about easy monthly instalments (EMI) and how people who take such loans are not able to repay them,” Malaika told IANS.
On being asked if there are any films with Arbaaz in the pipeline, Malaika said: “There’s no film as of now, but there is a song that I am doing with him. I have done a song with him earlier (for Shubha Mudgal’s album ‘Dholna’), but this is the first time I am pairing up with him for a film song.”
The couple will soon be seen grooving to a number in Indrajith Lankesh’s “Shaadi Ke After Effects”.
Apart from her stint on television as MTV’s popular video jockey, Malaika has played judge on reality dance show “Nach Baliye” and also hosted NDTV Imagine’s music show “Dhoom Macha De”.
Now, brother-in-law Salman Khan has also turned to the small screen as the host of reality game show “Dus Ka Dum”.
“I have seen the promos of the show. They are really cool and I am sure Salman bhai would do a great job. I wish him all the best,” she said.
- 'Chhaiya Chhaiya' makes Malaika nostalgic - Aug 28, 2012
- Shilpa Shetty, Malaika best item girls: Salman - Aug 07, 2010
- Arbaaz and my son keep me updated about technology: Malaika - Jul 26, 2012
- Vivek Oberoi touched after visiting Chiranjeevi (Movie Snippets) - Oct 22, 2010
- Remo D' Souza scares young Salman Khan - Jul 19, 2012
- Now a film based on Osho's ideology (Movie Snippets) - Mar 26, 2012
- Juhi Parmar wins 'Bigg Boss 5', takes home Rs.1 crore (Lead) - Jan 08, 2012
- Salman, Rashmi to shake a leg on 'India's Got Talent...' - Sep 08, 2010
- Malaika and Amrita walk the ramp for Vikram Phadnis - Mar 03, 2012
- Arbaaz denies his marriage is in trouble (Lead) - May 26, 2011
- Arbaaz Is Very Proud Of His Wife's Item Song - Sep 09, 2010
- Arbaaz proud of his wife's item number in 'Dabangg' - Sep 09, 2010
- Salman Khan does an item song with sis-in-law Malaika Arora, Farah Khan choreographs - Jan 13, 2010
- Culture shock for Malaika during Telugu item song shoot - Sep 17, 2008
- Arbaaz lashes out at media, says no trouble in his marriage - May 26, 2011
Tags: arbaaz khan, arjun rampal, dance show, dholna, film song, game show, greatest joy, instalments, love interest, malaika arora, mtv, music show, ndtv, reality game, salman khan, shaadi, shubha mudgal, stint, suniel shetty, video jockey