My role in ‘Main Lakshmi…’ not negative: Nisha RawalJune 19th, 2012 - 6:38 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 19 (IANS) Actress Nisha Rawal, who essays the role of a woman who tries to ‘buy’ her ex-flame back in “Main Lakshmi Tere Aangan Ki”, says her entry has brought in a major twist to the show, but insists it’s not a negative character.
The actress has joined the Life OK show as Soumya, who offers to buy her former boyfriend, Arjun (Sudeep Sahir) from his wife Lakshmi (Shraddha Arya).
In the show, Arjun and his family have lost all their family wealth and Soumya offers to help them in this way.
Nisha admits her role is unusual for the small screen, but not negative.
“I signed the show because I was told that I will be entering as the new lead in the show. But Indian audience is not used to these kinds of emotions and feelings. It’s not a negative character at all,” Nisha told IANS.
“There are no evil expressions or planning and plotting. This role is a prominent role and has equal importance and I am happy with it,” she added.
Justifying her character, she said: “Soumya loves Arjun and cannot see him in these circumstances. She likes Lakshmi too but at the same time, if she gives away everything she has to Arjun, she will have nothing left. This is why she offers a barter deal. Soumya is not trying to buy Arjun, she is not evil at all.”
The twist is loosely based on the lines on Anil Kapoor-Sridevi movie “Judaai”, in which Urmila Matondkar’s character gives Sridevi her wealth in exchange of her husband, played by Anil.
But TV as a medium is very different from Bollywood. Therefore, the consequences of the twist will also differ, says Nisha.
“In TV, the TRP lead the consequences. The story keeps twisting and turning according to them. The serial has a similarity to ‘Judaai’ till now, but now I don’t know what will happen. It’s going to be very interesting and unpredictable,” added the model-turned-actress.
Nisha has been a part of B-town too. She featured with Jimmy Sheirgill-starrer in “Hastey Hastey”, which didn’t do well at the box office. She was later seen in 2008 film “Rafoo Chakkar”.
- Small screen apes big; creativity down the tube - Jul 07, 2012
- Karan Mehra, Nisha Rawal set for theatre debut - Sep 16, 2010
- Not insecure at all, says Sridevi - Aug 13, 2012
- 'English Vinglish' written with Sridevi in mind: R.Balki - Jun 05, 2012
- 'Dandupalya' not for faint-hearted (Kannada Movie Review) - Jun 30, 2012
- Feature film not without tips from Balki: Gauri Shinde - Jul 04, 2012
- Balki jealous of wife Gauri - Aug 14, 2012
- Ideas about item numbers have not changed: Aruna Irani - Aug 19, 2012
- Bollywood beckons its married heroines - May 02, 2012
- 'Sholay' Sambha Mac Mohan dies - May 10, 2010
- Playing dumb fun for Shivshakti Sachdev (With Image) - Aug 06, 2012
- Mac Mohan, salt-and-pepper haired lovable villain, dies (Lead) - May 10, 2010
- 'English Vinglish' inspired by my mom: Gauri Shinde - Aug 14, 2012
- Big B delighted to shoot with Sridevi after 18 years - Jul 19, 2011
- Actor Karan Mehra of Yeh Ristha committed to Nisha Rawal! - Sep 11, 2009
Tags: actress nisha, anil kapoor, arya, barter deal, bollywood, circumstances, consequences, expressions, family wealth, feelings, flame, indian audience, ki, kinds of emotions, lakshmi, mumbai, sahir, similarity, soumya, urmila matondkar