My role in ‘Barfee’ is by far the most challenging: PriyankaMay 10th, 2011 - 7:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 10 (IANS) After creditably essaying seven looks in “7 Khoon Maaf” and 12 different characters in “What’s Your Raashee?”, Priyanka Chopra will be seen as a mentally-challenged girl in her upcoming film “Barfee”, which she describes as “by far the most challenging role”.
“I have started shooting for the film, have shot nearly five days till now. I must admit that it is quite a difficult task,” said Priyanka, who was here to unveil the wedding collection by jewellery brand Asmi for the ongoing The Great Indian Wedding Carnival.
“There is a very thin line between caricature and real. But surely, this role is by far the most challenging that I have come across,” added the 28-year-old who is reportedly spending time in a mental asylum to get into the skin of the character.
The film is being directed by Anurag Basu and it features Ranbir Kapoor as a deaf and dumb person, while Ileana D’Cruz is set to play a narrator.
- 'Barfee' not a serious film, says Ranbir - Oct 31, 2011
- 'Barfee' crew moved by Ranbir, Ileana emotional act - Jan 03, 2012
- 'Barfi!' to hit screens July 13 (With Image) - Jan 05, 2012
- Get me toughest roles: Priyanka - Sep 05, 2012
- Ranbir Kapoor sings a song for 'Barfi' - Sep 10, 2012
- 'Barfi' was like dumb charades for me, says Ranbir Kapoor - Sep 01, 2012
- 'Barfi!' gets U-certificate, Anurag Basu excited - Sep 02, 2012
- Your wish is Ranbir's command! - Aug 27, 2012
- Ranbir deaf-mute but happy-go-lucky in 'Barfee' - Apr 13, 2011
- Ranbir assures 'no disability' in 'Barfi' - Jul 03, 2012
- 'Barfi!' not getting delayed because of Priyanka: Anurag Basu - Apr 27, 2012
- Who Is Sharing Anurag Basu’s ‘Barfee’ With Ranbir Kapoor? - Dec 13, 2010
- More than awards, Ranbir wants lot of people to see 'Barfi!' - Sep 13, 2012
- Singers add a lot to an actor's career: Ranbir - Aug 06, 2012
- Priyanka finds Jhilmil endearing - Jul 03, 2012