My next not a sequel to ‘Welcome To Sajjanpur’: BenegalApril 30th, 2012 - 1:46 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 30 (ANS) Filmmaker Shyam Benegal, whose last film was 2008 release “Well Done Abba!”, says he is ready to roll the camera yet again for a fresh subject, but not for a sequel.
“My next is not a sequel to ‘Welcome To Sajjanpur’. It is in the similar lines in terms of the story. But for the sequel, I will have to repeat the same characters. This will be a fresh film,” Benegal told IANS.
Describing the story of his film, he said it deals with the current circumstances in the country.
“I am trying to make a film on present Indian circumstances. A film that will deal with politics, economics, education, and everything that revolves our country,” the 77-year-old said.
Benegal has earlier directed “Mandi”, “Ankur”, “Bhumika”, “Antarnaad” and “Zubeidaa” among others.
- Gulzar to get lifetime award at Mumbai film fest - Sep 20, 2011
- Film study should be included in school curriculum: Benegal - Mar 22, 2012
- Emraan an accommodating co-star, says Bipasha (Movie Snippets) - Feb 03, 2012
- After Goutam Ghose, Benegal to wow audiences in Nepal - Feb 09, 2011
- Inside track of actresses' lives - the fascination continues - Aug 18, 2012
- Mario Miranda was a quintessential Goan: Shyam Benegal - Dec 11, 2011
- Benegal remembers his 'stormy friendship' with Satyadev Dubey - Dec 27, 2011
- 'Well Done Abba' bags National Award for best social issue film - Sep 15, 2010
- Minnisha hasn't got her due in Bollywood: Shyam Benegal (Interview) - Sep 08, 2009
- Well Done Abba is a Political Satire -- Shyam Benegal - Mar 24, 2010
- Subhash Ghai to organise tribute for Ashok Mehta - Aug 22, 2012
- Shah Rukh is brilliant, but I'm unable to cast him: Benegal - Jan 05, 2009
- Thrilled Kathmandu now awaits Satyajit Ray - Feb 16, 2011
- Easier to build new village than shoot in a real one: Shyam Benegal - Oct 23, 2009
- Washington hosts first South Asian film festival - Jun 04, 2012