My new look has no similarity with Shah Rukh’s: Shaleen Bhanot (With Images)December 30th, 2009 - 1:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 30 (IANS) TV actor Shaleen Bhanot says his look in NDTV Imagine’s new show “Do Hanson Ka Jodaa” has no similarity with Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan’s in the hit movie “Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi”.
“I think he (Shah Rukh) will commit suicide if he comes to know that somebody is comparing me to him. But honestly, there is no similarity between his character and mine. Maybe we look similar due to the get up, but there have been other actors like Amol Palekar who have done such roles before,” Shaleen told IANS.
In “Do Hanson Ka Jodaa”, which will premiere Jan 18, Shaleen plays Suryakamal, an ordinary looking middle-class man who gets married to Preeti, a girl who dreamt of marrying a handsome hunk. The show is about how Preeti adjusts with Suryakamal.
“The only reason why they have built up such a look for the lead is because a simple, middle class man who is very religious towards his work, usually looks like that. Spectacles, a neat pair of trousers, a crisp shirt and at times, oily hair - and that’s just my look in the show,” he said.
At a time when all male actors are busy pumping iron for the perfect six packs, Shaleen lost six kgs of muscle and grew a moustache to play the simpleton.
“I have put my heart and soul towards this show. I had to lose six kgs of my muscle, I had to grow a moustache and even my side locks. I have put in a lot to make my character look real and I hope the show turns out well,” said Shaleen.
Though Shaleen was using a fake moustache at first, he decided to grow a real one.
“A fake moustache looks fake. So I thought I’d rather grow my own moustache. I am very religious towards my work. I felt the fake one was hindering my acting and my performance, and I wanted to be very natural,” he said.
A former MTV “Roadies” participant, Shaleen has also acted in shows like “Saat Phere”, “Kulvaddhu” and “Kaajjal”. However, he came into spotlight when he won dance reality show “Nach Baliye 4″, in which he participated with his then girlfriend and now wife, actress Daljeet Kaur.
The duo tied the knot Dec 9 this year. But they haven’t even had the time to plan their honeymoon yet.
“I’m on the 70th heaven as of now. I don’t know when we will go for honeymoon so we are trying to take out as much time as we can to roam around with each other as of now,” he said.
- Shaleen Bhanot Depressed ? - Sep 01, 2010
- Mismatched couples to launch on JanuaryYour browser may not support display of this image. 18 - Jan 13, 2010
- Unfortunate Closure For 'Do Hanson Ka Jodaa' - Aug 30, 2010
- Sunny Leone wants to master Hindi! (Movie Snippets) - Mar 21, 2012
- TV actor Shubhangi wants to follow in Konkona's footsteps - Feb 19, 2010
- Yeh Ishq Hayee' - A New Love Story On Star One - Sep 04, 2010
- A twirl, a shine...moustache magic in Bollywood - Mar 31, 2011
- SRK wanted moustachioed look when younger - Jun 04, 2010
- Shaleen's Business Trip; Daljit's Honeymoon! - Jul 07, 2010
- Shaleen and Daljit's trip to Italy - May 03, 2010
- Matt Damon Wears False Sideburns In True Grit - Dec 28, 2010
- Jayam Ravi’s Moustached Look A Must For His Director! - Dec 13, 2010
- Love to hate celebs? Arjun to change your mind! - Nov 03, 2011
- Katie Price turns into 'Freddie Mercury' for Comic Relief - Feb 20, 2011
- Shaleen And Daljit's Australian Honeymoon - Sep 07, 2010
Tags: amol palekar, bana, class man, fake moustache, handsome hunk, heart and soul, kgs, kulvaddhu, male actors, mtv, mtv roadies, ndtv, oily hair, pumping iron, shah rukh khan, shaleen bhanot, side locks, simpleton, six packs, tv actor