My music supports social causes: Dominican singerNovember 25th, 2011 - 12:11 pm ICT by IANS
Guadalajara (Mexico), Nov 25 (IANS/EFE) Dominican singer Juan Luis Guerra said in Guadalajara, the capital of the western Mexican state of Jalisco, that he has pursued his commitment to social causes through his music, by which he intends to send a message of peace.
“Of course I’m committed because I work with a foundation in Santo Domingo, but if we can join efforts with other foundations, we’ll do so with pleasure,” the artist said at a press conference.
Guerra has given a concert performance to benefit children with cancer at Guadalajara’s Hospitales Civiles as part of his “A son de guerra” musical tour.
The musician is well-known for his participation in philanthropic activities and for heading in his country a foundation that bears his name and that works closely with the Robert di Cabral Hospital to help children suffering from burns.
Guerra, the writer of hits such as “La bilirrubina” and “Ojala que llueva cafe”, said that he is going through a privileged time in his career of almost 30 years, something that he considers “a blessing”.
“I feel better than ever. My career has been a blessing and I’m setting my sights on the future because the best is yet to come,” the singer said.
Guerra has sold more than 30 million copies of his albums worldwide, a feat that has made him one of the best-known Latino artists, as well as winning 18 Grammy awards.
- Dominican singer to begin world tour - Jul 11, 2011
- Juan Luis Guerra brings Caribbean rhythms to Chile - Oct 09, 2011
- Enrique Iglesias the big winner at Latin music awards - Apr 30, 2011
- Rosa performs with Blades, Guerra - Apr 02, 2012
- Seven family members commit suicide in Mexico - Jan 13, 2012
- Actress Roselyn Sanchez is pregnant - Aug 13, 2011
- Child prodigy performs with Mexican philharmonic - Mar 06, 2012
- Mexican group mixes ancestral music with Beatles melodies - Apr 22, 2012
- Gianmarco releases new album - Jul 26, 2011
- Juan Luis Guerra to launch new album - Feb 27, 2012
- Don Omar to compose song for Jennifer Lopez's TV show - Feb 14, 2012
- Roselyn Sanchez gives birth to daughter - Jan 06, 2012
- Camila Bags Three Awards At The Latin Grammys 2010 - Nov 12, 2010
- Wisin, Yandel hope for P.Diddy collaboration on new disc - Aug 17, 2011
- Jon Secada calls himself a `workingman of music' - Feb 15, 2012
Tags: 30 million, burns, children with cancer, concert performance, efe, foundations, grammy awards, guadalajara mexico, hospitales, jalisco, juan luis guerra, latino artists, music, musician, ojala que llueva cafe, participation, peace, philanthropic activities, pleasure, santo domingo