‘My mom wasn’t born to be a mother,’ says Dame Helen MirrenNovember 14th, 2007 - 3:03 am ICT by admin
“I’ve sort of wiped it from my memory actually. She was horrible, she could say very cruel things and it was difficult at home,” Contactmusic quoted her, as saying.
The ‘Queen’ star admitted that her mother was very critical about her and it was impossible to impress her.
“She wasn’t born to be a mother. She could be mean. She’d say just very, very hurtful, bitchy things,” she said.
However, Mirren admitted that she started loving her mother after the death of her father.
“Now the mother that I remember is the mother that I knew after the death of my father and that I loved very, very much,” she added. (ANI)
- Helen Mirren taking her clothes off even at 65 - Oct 24, 2010
- Helen Mirren terrified about royal role - Jun 10, 2012
- Helen Mirren in awe of Kate Middleton - Feb 09, 2011
- 'Frugal' Dame Helen Mirren loves sewing her hubby's socks! - Feb 05, 2011
- Dame Helen Mirren says she's happier without kids - Feb 23, 2011
- Helen Mirren 'intimidated' by Joe Pesci - Jul 06, 2010
- Evander Holyfield taught me how to punch, says Helen Mirren - Apr 06, 2011
- I'm not very stylish, says Dame Helen Mirren - Feb 04, 2011
- Mirren doesn't regret not having kids - Sep 26, 2011
- Mirren haunted by bikini pic - Sep 23, 2011
- Helen Mirren Strips For 'Love Ranch' At 65 - Oct 26, 2010
- Dame Helen Mirren wants Wills-Kat to perform second 'private' wedding - Apr 25, 2011
- Mirren surprised over best body title - Sep 22, 2011
- Helen Mirren's handprints immortalised - Mar 30, 2011
- Britain is 'cruel and angry', says Helen Mirren - Nov 15, 2010