My kids have made me a softer person: Farah KhanApril 13th, 2008 - 10:23 am ICT by admin
By Shweta Thakur
New Delhi, April 13 (IANS) Bollywood choreographer-turned-director Farah Khan is enjoying every bit of her motherhood. She says her triplets have transformed her into a much softer and happier person. “After becoming a mother, my life has taken a U turn. Compared to earlier times, I have become a softer and happier person. Now I don’t shout much because I feel if I raise my voice my babies will be scared,” Khan told IANS.
“Moreover, priorities in life have fallen in the right place. Now I don’t care who wins an award, which actor is charging how much and when award functions are scheduled.
“Instead, I am always thinking about new ways to entertain my babies and impart to them knowledge. Also, Shirish (Kunder) wants to take on more and more projects because you have someone to work for,” said the celebrity who was in the capital to promote the diaper brand Pampers.
The couple has named their daughters Diva and Anya, and son Czar.
Khan started her career as a choreographer with the hit “Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar” (1992). She debuted as director with “Main Hoon Naa” (2004), which turned out to be a huge hit, and “Om Shanti Om” last year.
Khan doesn’t think that raising three kids is a very difficult job.
“We are having great fun. I was told hyper stories that I would not be able to sleep at night and so on. However, this is not the case at all. We are not at all hyper. Maybe with three babies you don’t get the time to be frenzied over one.
“They are happy babies and not cranky. I miss them a lot when I am not with them.”
She glowingly added: “They are just two months old but they are such developed personalities. Nature-wise they are completely different from one another. I learn so much from them. I have become tolerant and my understanding of human nature has improved.”
“My outlook towards life has changed completely. I want the world to be a better place because my babies have to live there as well.”
As to which profession she would like her children to take up later on in life, Farah said: “Forcing our choice on them is not healthy.
“No one told us what we have to become when we grow up. We are doing well.”
Absorbed in motherhood, the director, who is all set to judge a reality show ‘Joh Jeeta Woh Hi Superstar’ on STAR Plus channel, said that she has no plans to roll out a film this year.
“I am a commercial filmmaker and would make a masala movie. I am working on a script but don’t want to make a film right now. I want to dedicate all the time to my kids. As TV shows do not demand much time I am doing that.”
Husband Kunder’s stint in filmdom started as an editor with “Yeh Raaste Hain Pyaar Ke”. He has also directed “Jaan-E-Mann”, which couldn’t create ripples at the box office.
- Everybody fights and reunites, why criticise us: Farah - Jul 31, 2012
- After 10 years, Farah Khan teams up with Aamir again - Jan 13, 2011
- I almost fainted when Shirin's role was offered: Farah - May 31, 2012
- Farah delighted to be one of 100 most promising directors - Jun 25, 2011
- Look who's caught in SRK-Shirish brawl! - Jan 30, 2012
- Farah and I are friends: SRK - Aug 27, 2010
- Shirish won't enjoy watching me with someone else: Farah - Jul 26, 2012
- Showing 'Joker' in space part of promotional strategy - Jul 31, 2012
- SRK-Shirish brawl jokes storm internet - Jan 31, 2012
- Bollywood choreographers and their weighty issues (With Images) - Jan 22, 2012
- Farah is very bossy, many men are scared of her: Akshay - Dec 11, 2010
- Shakespearean farce or SRK's short fuse? B-Town debates - Jan 31, 2012
- Not rushing for 'Joker': Shirish Kunder (Movie Snippets) - Sep 30, 2011
- 'Joker' to release Aug 30, 2012 - Oct 30, 2011
- Chitrangada loves 1970s style - Feb 16, 2012
Tags: anya, becoming a mother, choreographer, czar, diva, earlier times, farah khan, human nature, jeeta, jo jeeta wohi sikandar, motherhood, New Delhi, new ways, om shanti, priorities in life, shweta, thakur, three babies, three kids, triplets