My husband should be like Ronit Roy: Ekta Kapoor (Snippets)September 22nd, 2008 - 2:35 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 22 (IANS) TV tycoon Ekta Kapoor has set the criteria for her ideal life partner saying he should be good looking, tall and handsome, in short, like Ronit Roy.Ekta spoke when she was asked whether her infamous ‘K’ factor would be a deciding factor in choosing her husband as well.
“If he is good-looking, tall and handsome, the ‘K’ won’t matter. He should be like Ronit - handsome,” she said.
Ronit is playing Bhishm Pitamah in her mythological series “Kahaani Humaaray Mahaabhaarat Ki” and Ekta was here to promote the show.
Though she refused to answer any personal questions, she made it a point to clarify that she is “not getting married to Karan Johar”. Rumours of her affair with the Bollywood filmmaker were doing the rounds for a long time.
Jaya Bhattacharya won’t mind playing Cruella de Vil
After exhibiting her perfection in essaying negative roles on the small screen, actress Jaya Bhattacharya says she’ll be more than happy to play Cruella de Vil - a merciless fictional character from the film “101 Dalmations”.
Jaya became a household name for playing Payal - a vicious and scheming lady in the long running soap “Kyunkii Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thhi”.
“I am tired of negative roles. But if I get to do something of that sort, I know I won’t do anything close to Payal for sure.
“I would like to do something new. Even negative characters have different shades. I honestly won’t mind playing Cruella de Vil. If someone offers me that kind of a role, I will jump at it,” Jaya told IANS.
I’m looking forward to beating people: Chetan Hansraj
Small screen star Chetan Hansraj is looking forward to play Bheem’s character in Ekta Kapoor’s epic “Kahaani Humaaray Mahaabhaarat Ki” so that he can beat up people.
“Yes! I am looking forward to beating up people. Bheem is all about strength and power so I will be doing all of that,” Chetan said.
This is not the first time Chetan is part of a mythological show.
As a 15-year-old, Chetan had starred in B.R. Chopra’s “Mahabharat” too. He featured as the young Balram then. He has also been a part of “Prithviraj Chauhan”, in which he played Bheemdev.
Talking of negative characters, Chetan’s performance as Sasha in the long running soap “Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii” got him noticed.
And the actor says he will never do the role of a soft-hearted person.
“Those roles are boring,” he says.
Currently, Chetan also features in 9x’s reality show - “Kaun Jeetega Bollywood Ka Ticket”.
- Pooja Bose ecstatic over her Bengali debut - Feb 16, 2012
- I want to play romantic comedy roles: Saakshi Tanwar - Apr 12, 2009
- It's good to be bad, says Priyanka - Jan 17, 2012
- Chetan Hansraj steps into Mata Ki Chowki - May 05, 2010
- Anita Hassanandani Is Back To Television With Vikram Bhatt’s Thriller Show - Jan 12, 2011
- Thank god nobody has copyright on Mahabharata: Ekta Kapoor - Sep 24, 2008
- Ekta promised me an image makeover: Sakshi Tanwar - May 29, 2011
- Middle-aged men rule the roost on television - Jan 09, 2012
- My chest has become blouse: Sujoy Ghosh (Movie Snippets) - Jul 16, 2012
- Tusshar takes Ekta's criticism positively - Jan 28, 2012
- Bollywood woman power: Vidya, Ekta carry the baton - Dec 09, 2011
- TV's old favourites are back - May 20, 2011
- Anjum Chopra turns cricket coach on 'Khatron Ke Khiladi' (TV Snippets) - May 04, 2011
- Male actors sweat it out for Ekta's 'Mahabharat' - Jul 30, 2008
- Acting was no longer a challenge: Prashant Bhatt - May 17, 2012