My husband liked my ethnic look in item number: ChitrangadaJuly 31st, 2012 - 2:14 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 31 (IANS) Chitrangada Singh, a powerful performer, is lured by item song - she will be seen jiving to “Kafirana” in forthcoming film “Joker”. The best thing is that her ethnic look in the song has been appreciated by her husband, golfer Jyoti Randhawa.
“He really liked it. He said I really look good in that whole ethnic, rustic look,” she said, adding that she doesn’t “really discuss my career with him”.
After having done off-beat films like “Hazaaron Khwaishen Aisi”, “Kal: Yesterday and Tomorrow”, “Yeh Saali Zindagi” and full on commercial drama “Desi Boyz”, it was a risky job for the actress to endorse an item number, but she says it was worth it.
“One thing I want to clarify is that I neither want to change my image nor I am trying to fit in anything…I was trying to do something out of the box. It’s a chance that you take, it’s a risk. Sometimes you fall flat on your face. Sometimes you don’t. But I think it’s worth taking the risk. I had a good time doing it,” she said.
Directed by Shirish Kunder, “Joker” features Akshay Kumar and Sonakshi Sinha and is coming out Aug 31.
Original version of “Kafirana” became controversial because of the words - “I want ‘fakht’ you” (fakht means ‘just you’ in Marathi), but later it was changed to avoid controversy, says Chitrangada.
“When we shot, the clothes that I was wearing were also very Marathi. In the song some lines were in Marathi, there was ‘fakht’ in it,” the 36-year-old explained.
She feels that adult content in songs is not a new thing and added:” ‘DK Bose’ came up. Not that we don’t listen to these songs… there were lot of Marathi lines in it, it has Marathi background. I was told the meaning of the word, so I thought that’s fine. Had it been a Punjabi song, you couldn’t take away anything because that’s the quality of that language.”
When asked if she is open to do more item numbers, she said: “I don’t mind some song and fun, but there will always be a mix. I really think song and dance are very important. Hindi films always had it and we Indians enjoy that. So if there is one song which is extra special, shot really well and if the girl is hot, it becomes an extra bit in the film.”
- Chitrangada liked original lyrics of 'Kafirana' - Aug 31, 2012
- 'Fakht you' changed to 'Just you' to avoid row: Chitrangada - Jul 27, 2012
- Now Chitrangada wants to drape sari for cover shoot - Dec 27, 2011
- Madhuri inspires Chitrangada's look in 'Kaafirana' - Feb 29, 2012
- Chitrangada game for more item songs - Aug 29, 2012
- Instrumental tunes save 'Joker' soundtrack (IANS Music Review) - Aug 06, 2012
- Sunidhi dislikes tagging songs as 'item numbers' - May 29, 2012
- Chitrangada loves 1970s style - Feb 16, 2012
- Link-up with Sudhir did upset me: Chitrangada Singh - Jan 26, 2011
- Chitrangada happy with move to commercial cinema - Dec 17, 2011
- Chitrangada calls herself trendsetter, not follower - Feb 22, 2012
- Won't get typecast: Aditi Rao - Feb 12, 2012
- Item number in 'Joker' raises activist's heckles - Aug 23, 2012
- My husband understands my ambition, supports me: Chitrangada Singh - Dec 20, 2010
- Chitrangada still struggling to get over 'Geeta Rao' - May 01, 2012
Tags: actress, adult content, akshay kumar, bose, chitrangada singh, clothes, controversy, forthcoming film, good time, jyoti randhawa, marathi, meaning of the word, mumbai, original version, punjabi song, risky job, saali, sinha, taking the risk, zindagi