My friendship with Farah is for real: Annu MalekMay 28th, 2009 - 9:34 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 28 (IANS) Music director Annu Malek, who has teamed up with choreographer-director Farah Khan yet again as a reality show judge after “Indian Idol”, dismisses rumours of a rift between them. He says their camaraderie on screen is for real and that they connect well.
“I was very happy to know that Farah will be with me on the show. We have worked before in ‘Indian Idol’. I also composed music for her ‘Main Hoon Na’ and and it’s always been fun working with her. We connect well, we think alike and spread a lot of positive energy. Our friendship is real and honest, it is not planned or scripted,” Malek told IANS over phone from Mumbai.
The two are judging a new show “Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega”, which went on air Monday on Sony Entertainment Television.
“Entertainment Ke Liye…” is not a purely musical show but Malek says he accepted it because he was looking for something different and interesting.
“I have been associated with ‘Indian Idol’ for four seasons now so I was looking for something different. That’s when I was approached for this show and I really liked the concept. It is a unique talent show and not just a dance or a music-based show,” he said.
“It is amazing to see people doing all sorts of unique things. In one minute the contestants have to impress the judges and I must say they are doing a good job. I have to say that India is magical and has amazing talents,” he added.
Malek, who has composed music for films like “Baazigar”, “Border”, “Refugee” and “Munnabhai M.B.B.S.” among others, says that television audiences will get to see him in a different avatar on the new show.
“Peole have seen me as rude judge on ‘Indian Idol’. But they will see a very different Annu Malek on the show…Nothing like ‘Indian Idol’. On this show people will see my emotions and they will also see me hugging contestants. There wont be any rude comments from me,” the 48-year-old composer said.
Asked how tough it was to balance his film projects with TV shows, Malek said he is such a workaholic that even 24 hours are not enough for him in a day.
“I love my work, my music and I work very hard. When I was doing ‘Indian Idol’ I was also working on the music of my upcoming project ‘Kambhakkt Ishq’ that stars Kareena Kapoor and Akshay Kumar…it was difficult but I did it. In fact I feel 24 hours are less for me,” he quipped.
Malek’s forthcoming films include “Kambhakkt Ishq” and Ajay Devgan’s “Toonpur Ka Superhero”.
- Manipur group wins 'Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega 3' - Oct 11, 2010
- 'Indian Idol 6' promises to shock with great talent - May 30, 2012
- Farah Khan offers Bollywood dream to show contestants - Jun 07, 2009
- Sunidhi Chauhan to feature as judge on 'Indian Idol 5' - Feb 22, 2010
- My next dream is to sing for Bollywood, Rahman: 'Indian Idol' winner - Aug 16, 2010
- Judging 'Entertainment Ke Liye...' is a cushy job: Farah Khan (Snippets) - Jun 22, 2009
- "I Am Celebrating My 10th Anniversary With Reality": Farah Khan - Aug 13, 2010
- Asha Bhosle joins 'Indian Idol 6' judge's panel - May 30, 2012
- Farah Against Sajid's Decision! - Aug 11, 2010
- I'm judging 10th reality show on TV: Farah Khan - Aug 11, 2010
- 'Indian Idol 6' hunts for good voice, not looks: Judges - Apr 02, 2012
- I'm nervous about acting in 'Shirin Farhad': Farah Khan - Jun 06, 2011
- Reality shows don't guarantee Bollywood success: Sunidhi Chauhan (Interview, with images) - Apr 18, 2010
- My egg-faced fiance scared baby away: Rakhi (Film Snippets) - Sep 27, 2009
- Anil Kapoor revisits 'My name is Lakhan' for small screen - Aug 13, 2011
Tags: annu, camaraderie, choreographer, farah khan, good job, indian idol, kuch bhi, malek, music director, peole, positive energy, reality show, refugee, rude comments, scripted, show judge, sony entertainment television, talent show, television audiences, television entertainment