My father-in-law got a funeral he deserved: Akshay KumarJuly 21st, 2012 - 6:55 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 21 (IANS) Bollywood’s first superstar Rajesh Khanna got a “dignified” funeral, and one which he truly “deserved”, says his actor son-in-law Akshay Kumar, who always wanted to witness the late actor’s superstardom.
“I always wanted to witness my father-in-law’s superstar stardom during his hey days. Thanks to you all, I did, giving him a dignified funeral that he deserved. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers,” tweeted Akshay.
Rajesh Khanna breathed his last Wednesday morning following a liver infection. He was 69.
The news of his death caused a frenzy among friends, fans, family members and the film fraternity, who turned up in huge numbers to pay their last respects to the star during his funeral Thursday.
“Thank you everyone for your kindness and sympathy during our time of loss. Your thoughtfulness at this time of great sorrow is truly a comfort. Knowing you all are here helps,” Akshay tweeted for all the fans, who expressed support and sympathy to the family.
Akshay is married to Rajesh Khanna’s elder daughter Twinkle, who is expecting her second child. Their first child, nine-year-old son Aarav, performed the last rites of his grandfather at the Vile Parle crematorium.
- Grandson Aarav lights Rajesh Khanna's pyre (Second Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Crowd has scant respect for the departed: Big B - Jul 20, 2012
- Grandson Aarav lights Rajesh Khanna's pyre (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Grandson Aarav lights Rajesh Khanna's pyre - Jul 19, 2012
- Thousands gather to bid adieu to Kaka - Jul 19, 2012
- Rajesh Khanna fine, says family - Jun 21, 2012
- B-town mourns loss of Rajesh Khanna, the 'phenomenon' - Jul 18, 2012
- Akshay Kumar's son next 'Khiladi' in making? - Dec 06, 2010
- Rajesh Khanna, Bollywood's first superstar, no more (Roundup) - Jul 18, 2012
- Akshay celebrates birthday with family (Movie Snippets) - Sep 10, 2012
- Rajesh Khanna dead (Second Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Rajesh Khanna to be discharged in a day or two - Jun 24, 2012
- Ailing Rajesh Khanna admitted to hospital - Jun 23, 2012
- 'Achcha to hum chalte hain': Rajesh Khanna bids a quiet adieu (Obituary) - Jul 18, 2012
- Rajesh Khanna is dead (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
Tags: actor son, akshay kumar, bollywood, elder daughter, family members, fraternity, frenzy, kindness, last respects, last rites, liver infection, rajesh khanna, sorrow, stardom, superstar, thoughtfulness, thoughts and prayers, twinkle, vile parle, wednesday morning