My dream is to playback for SRK: Abhijeet SawantApril 24th, 2010 - 9:05 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 24 (IANS) Abhijeet Sawant, who fulfilled his dream of winning the “Indian Idol” contest five years ago, now nurtures another one. He says he would love to playback for superstar Shah Rukh Khan.
“It has been my dream for ever to playback for Shah Rukh Khan. But I have got no such opportunity or any offer yet. I hope it happens quickly,” Abhijeet told IANS.
Though the 28-year-old hasn’t got a chance to sing for the actor, he has otherwise sung in movies and has also cut his own albums following his “Indian Idol” win in 2005.
His songs “Mar jaawan mit jaawan” in “Aashiq Banaya Aapne” and “Dhoondein”, “Ek shaqs”, “Mahi mahi mahiya” and “Tere bina” in his debut album “Junoon” were widely appreciated.
Abhijeet has lent his voice to a film called “Mumbai.com” and is looking forward to doing stage shows with melody queen Lata Mangeshkar and Sunidhi Chauhan. He also tried his luck in the film “Lottery” last year, but it sank without a trace at the box office.
While he believes he is not cut out to be an actor, Abhijeet is looking forward to acting in a Marathi movie.
“There is a Marathi film that I have been offered. The script will be finalised by August. I am a Maharashtrian and would love to do a film in my native language. The film is about a boy who doesn’t know English and that is a big weakness for him,” he said.
Abhijeet is right now all set to host the fifth season of “Indian Idol” and says anchoring the talent hunt show will remind him of his days as a contestant.
“It is a totally different feeling to be a host on a show I had once won. When I look at the contestants, I remember those days when I used to be one among the millions lined up for auditions. But it’s been a wonderful journey so far and I like motivating the new ones,” said Abhijeet, who was in the capital for the show’s launch.
- Filmmaking more challenging now: Sonu Sood - Jun 06, 2012
- 'Dabangg' has created a new benchmark: Sonu Sood - Sep 13, 2010
- Jagjit Singh plans seven albums, 70 concerts in his 70th year - Nov 03, 2010
- Aamir overwhelmed with response to 'Dhobi Ghat' (Film Snippets) - Sep 13, 2010
- Shedding clothes is a public demand: Tanushree Dutta - Jan 02, 2011
- Mumbai.com for Abhijeet Sawant - Oct 30, 2009
- 'Dabangg' sweeps GIMA with six awards - Sep 23, 2011
- Abhijeet Sawant set for image change with film debut - Jun 29, 2008
- Emraan's kissing star image didn't bother me: Neha Sharma - Oct 12, 2010
- Zindagi Na, Rockstar dominate IIFA awards - Jun 10, 2012
- 'Dabangg' wins five at IIFA; Sonakshi, Ranvir win debut awards (Second Lead) - Jun 26, 2011
- 'Chennai Express' shooting date not advanced, says SRK - Aug 06, 2012
- 'Dabangg' is turning point in my career: Sonu Sood - Oct 05, 2010
- When SRK exchanged the hot seat with Big B - Oct 17, 2011
- I wish I had made 'RA.One' better: SRK - Jan 10, 2012
Tags: aashiq banaya aapne, abhijeet sawant, debut album, different feeling, fifth season, indian idol, junoon, lata mangeshkar, launch, maharashtrian, mahi mahi, mahiya, melody queen, shah rukh khan, shaqs, srk, stage shows, sunidhi, talent hunt, wonderful journey