My debut film will begin by January: Govinda’s daughter (Interview)November 2nd, 2010 - 9:41 am ICT by IANS
By Ruchika Kher
Mumbai, Nov 2 (IANS) Govinda’s daughter Narmada Ahuja, whose debut film has been delayed, says the script has been finalised and the project will hit the production stage early next year.
“The status of that project is we have finalised the script. Everything is done and we are now working on it. Most probably the first schedule of the film will go on the floor in January or maximum February,” Narmada, 20, told IANS.
The daughter of Bollywood’s popular funny man Govinda, Narmada too will start her acting journey with a romantic comedy.
“The film is a young, fresh romantic comedy. Even the production house is not new, but they are coming out with a film after a gap of a few years. That’s what made me keen on doing this film. I already have another film lined up after this.
“I can’t talk about the project because they will announce the film according to their own convenience. They’ll do that probably at the end of this year,” said the youngster who learnt the ropes of acting at the London Film Institute.
When asked about her co-actor in the film, Narmada said: “All I can say is that my co-star in the film is not a newcomer. I can’t reveal any other detail.”
She says her father’s suggestions helped her in making up her mind about her career.
“Every father gives tips to their kids before they start their profession. My father too gave me a couple of tips. The most important thing that he told me was that no matter what you do, do it with your full heart; give it your 500 percent; and do it only if you are passionate about it because it shows on camera if you are not really into your work.
“That’s one thing that really made me focussed about my career and made me more professional about it,” said Narmada.
Since she will be working in a romantic comedy, does she have her father’s comic timing?
“I really can’t judge that right now because I have not started shooting. But you never know, I might come up with something like he does, once we start working on the film,” said Narmada who enjoys her father’s hits like “Deewana Mastana”, “Swarg”, “Hero No. 1″ and “Partner”.
Narmada also defies the notion that star kids get things easily in Hindi filmdom.
“I don’t think it’s easy for us to enter the industry. At least it was not easy for me because I myself didn’t want to get into the industry without any preparation. Once you know that you are well groomed and you’re sure you can deliver, then only you should go for it. That grooming part is not very easy,” said the upcoming actress.
(Ruchika Kher can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Naseer eager to play a lech in 'Dirty Picture' (Movie Snippets) - Feb 08, 2011
- For Chris Evans, comedies are like summer camps - Sep 28, 2011
- Bollywood debutant gets Hollywood chance with Dev Patel - Feb 15, 2011
- Govinda to start production house to launch daughter - Feb 29, 2012
- Beckinsale wants to return to romantic comedies - Jul 09, 2012
- Taking a huge risk with romantic comedy: Madhur Bhandarkar (Interview) - Jan 16, 2011
- My first film was a mistake: Luv Sinha - Jun 05, 2010
- There's still child labour on movie sets: Sarika (Interview) - Feb 17, 2011
- Tough to be No.1 father, husband: Govinda - Mar 03, 2012
- I like playing grey characters: Emraan Hashmi (Interview) - Oct 04, 2010
- I've mellowed after marriage, fatherhood: Kailash Kher (Interview) - Oct 05, 2010
- Some TV contestants were really cheeky: Preity Zinta (Interview) - Mar 10, 2011
- I knew I'll be able to act easily, says Asha Bhosle at 77 (Interview) - Mar 03, 2011
- I'm tired of singing film songs: Asha Bhosle (Interview) - Nov 05, 2010
- Don't want to change my bubbly image: Delnaaz Paul - Sep 07, 2012
Tags: bollywood, co star, comic timing, convenience, debut film, film institute, funny man, gap, govinda, heart, journey, london film, narmada ahuja, newcomer, nov 2, production stage, profession, romantic comedy, ropes, youngster