My daughters’ love saved me from alcohol addiction: David HasselhoffApril 17th, 2011 - 5:44 pm ICT by ANI
London, April 17 (ANI): David Hasselhoff has admitted that he began drinking to cope with stress and loneliness, but his daughters’ love saved him from the addiction.
Hasselhoff, who has two daughters, Taylor Ann, 21, and Hayley, 19, was forced to face up to his problems in 2007.
Ann made a video of him drunk in a Las Vegas hotel room trying to eat a cheeseburger to show him he had a problem.
The video found its way on to the Internet, causing him worldwide humiliation, but Hasselhoff said he owes everything to the support he received from his children.
“When I realised what my daughter had done I knew I had to sort myself out,” the Daily Express quoted the 58-year-old former Baywatch star and Britain’s Got Talent judge as saying.
“My daughters are the ones who have put things into perspective for me and they are very proud of me and they say it to me all the time.
“It happens to a lot of people but I am lucky to have my children and my nephew who love me dearly to tell me the truth. Someone should have told Michael Jackson the truth,” he added. (ANI)
- Drunken video brought me closer to kids: Hasselhoff - Jan 29, 2011
- I felt guilty my marriages didn't work: Hasselhoff - Apr 18, 2011
- Hasselhoff laughs at himself to deal with negative publicity - Aug 03, 2010
- Hasselhoff wants to gift pub to girlfriend - May 27, 2012
- David Hasselhoff proposes to Hayley Roberts - Jan 31, 2012
- David Hasselhoff gets roasted by former co-stars on Comedy Central Roast - Aug 03, 2010
- David Hasselhoff Gets Roasted by Whitney Cummings & Other Pals - Aug 17, 2010
- Hasselhoff wishes to move to Wales - Dec 11, 2011
- Hasselhoff wants to marry again - Apr 08, 2011
- David Hasselhoff lost his heart to topless model over Sunday roast - Apr 09, 2011
- David Hasselhoff's Comedy Central Roast Entertains Viewers To The Fullest - Aug 16, 2010
- Whitney Cummings keeps the audience in splits on 'The Roast of David Hasselhoff' - Aug 17, 2010
- Daughter takes drunk David Hasselhoff to hospital - Sep 21, 2009
- New show to highlight David Hasselhoff's close family ties - Jul 29, 2010
- David Hasselhoff Says Goodbye To "Dancing With The Stars" - Sep 22, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,