My career’s best phase yet to come: KatrinaAugust 12th, 2012 - 2:03 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 12 (IANS) After featuring in some hit films, Katrina Kaif is awaiting the release of some more big ticket films. The actress believes life has been good so far but says she is looking forward to the best phase in her career.
“I hope the best phase of my career is yet to come. As a person one faces different phases in life. You also face phases of unsettlement where you’re not sure about anything. Right now my life is only about going to the film sets and coming back home,” Katrina said here.
“Everything in my life has happened all unexpectedly. So far all has happened for the better. Whatever happens, it happens for the good only. God has taken care of everything so far. Everything will happen in its own time,” added the 28-year-old.
The British-born actress once gave six back-to-back hits - “Namastey London”, “Apne”, “Partner”, “Welcome”, “Race” and “Singh Is Kinng”. She went on to do films like “New York”, “Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani” and proved critics wrong with her powerful performance in “Raajneeti”.
Accolades continued to pour in thanks to “Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara” and “Mere brother Ki Dulhan”. Now, she is set to be seen with her former real life beau Salman Khan in “Ek Tha Tiger”, releasing Aug 15.
The movie, directed by Kabir Khan, is a romantic, action thriller.
Katrina feels Salman can’t handle the romantic hero avatar beyond a point.
“I think right now audience likes him in action and romantic genre and I think it works also for Salman. (But) beyond a point Salman can’t handle romantic scenes,” she said.
This is not the first time Katrina has shared screen space with Salman. They were paired together in films like “Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya?”, “Partner” and “Yuvraaj”.
Katrina has known Salman very closely, and says he is the same in person as he is as an actor.
“Salman as a person and as an actor is exactly the same. In ‘Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya?’, he was the same person - very spontaneous,” she said.
- My career's best is yet to come: Katrina Kaif - Aug 12, 2012
- I have learnt to cope with media attention: Katrina Kaif (Interview) - Mar 16, 2011
- Kabir Khan calls 'Ek Tha Tiger' complete package - Aug 12, 2012
- Salman genuinely believed I'd achieve success: Katrina Kaif (Interview) - May 08, 2010
- There're no camps in Bollywood: Katrina Kaif (Interview) - Aug 15, 2011
- Reality better than dreams: Katrina Kaif (Interview) - Apr 27, 2012
- Katrina inspired by Imran to turn producer - Aug 11, 2011
- David Dhawan proud of Katrina's 'Chikhni chameli' - Jan 27, 2012
- Can't I expect little respect, asks Katrina - Aug 12, 2011
- Patience is a virtue, believes Katrina - Feb 25, 2011
- Meet hot-headed Katrina in 'Mere Brother Ki Dulhan' - Nov 03, 2010
- 'Chikni Chameli' was not my style: Katrina - Dec 26, 2011
- Imran's stylish tribute to three Khans (With Images) - Jul 22, 2011
- The Way the Actors Are Linked By the Media Makes Me Wonder Whether I Am Working in 'Film' Industry or 'Dating' Industry! - Katrina Kaif - Apr 30, 2010
- Tigers can't make excuses of being unwell: Salman Khan (Interview) - Aug 21, 2012
Tags: action thriller, ajab, apne, avatar, born actress, ek, film sets, kabir khan, katrina kaif, ki, maine pyaar kyun kiya, mumbai, own time, prem, romantic hero, romantic scenes, salman khan, screen space, tiger, welcome race