Music Legend Don Kirshner Dies At 76January 19th, 2011 - 8:01 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Jan 19, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Ardent fans of Don Kirshner received a severe blow on Tuesday after the news of the death of the icon broke out. Don Kirshner who was once hailed as “The Man with The Golden Ear” passed away on Tuesday at the age of 76. The legendary song publisher and producer of rock music died of heart failure. On Tuesday, his publicist Sharon Ellman confirmed that the ace musician had lost his life out to a heart failure breathing his last in Boca Raton, Florida.
Fans remember Don Kirshner for his contribution to the former rock band The Monkees for whom he acted as a pillar of support. The man was the main reason behind the hit songs that the band belted out over the years, for they used to be written by none other than Don Kirshner himself. Other than The Monkees, Don Kirshner is also remembered for his hit television program “Don Kirshner’s Rock Concert” that used to be aired on ABC. The weekly rock concert show which he himself used to host had earned a big success with the audience of that era, providing them a big sources of relief. The main reason behind the immense popularity of the show was its originality and unique long stretched live performances which in turn made the show a revolution in itself.
The legend is survived by his wife Shiela ,two children along with five grand children. Well acclaimed for his contribution towards the music arena, he was acknowledged by being inducted in the Hall of fame in the year 2007. Having made a big name for himself, Don Kirshner also went on to become the cause behind the success of superstars like Billy Joel and The Police.
- 'Rock and Roll Hall of fame' inductees list released - Dec 07, 2011
- Blur to receive The Outstanding Contribution nod at the Brit Awards 2012 - Dec 20, 2011
- Metallica show cancellation 'epic failure', say upset fans - Oct 29, 2011
- 'We're not rock stars, we're musicians' - Apr 04, 2012
- Singers miss Pancham Da, say industry needed him now - Jun 26, 2012
- Mumbai celebrates Rafi's 87th birth anniversary - Dec 24, 2011
- Bangalore rocks to Metallica despite rains - Oct 31, 2011
- Monkees to miss Davy Jones' private funeral - Mar 07, 2012
- Solomon Burke, "The Legendary King of Rock and Soul", dies at 70 - Oct 11, 2010
- Shafqat wants youngsters to take songs to next generation - Jul 04, 2012
- Gear up for Sean Paul's India concerts - Jul 19, 2012
- Google and others remember Freddy Mercury - Sep 05, 2011
- Monkees star Davy Jones dies at 66 - Mar 01, 2012
- Bengali bands rock - and make themselves heard! - Dec 19, 2010
- Fans feel let down at aborted Bryan Adams concert - Feb 15, 2011
Tags: ardent fans, billy joel, boca raton florida, dey, don kirshner, ellman, florida fans, golden ear, hall of fame, heart failure, hit songs, immense popularity, jan 19, legend don, live performances, monkees, music arena, music legend, publicist, television program