Music in my blood, but I’m an actor: Neil Nitin MukeshJuly 26th, 2008 - 9:25 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 26 (IANS) Neil Nitin Mukesh, who comes from a family of great playback singers, says music is in his blood but being an actor is his identity now. The budding star wouldn’t mind turning composer in the future though. Son of Nitin Mukesh and grandson of the legendary singer Mukesh, Neil said: “My father and grandfather were great singers, but I am not like them. I am definitely better than a bathroom singer and have also sung a few songs, but I am not trained in music as they were,” Neil told IANS.
Neil, who got noticed for his performance in “Johnny Gaddar”, said he has composed a few songs too, which he would someday like to use in a film.
“Composing has always been dear to me and I would like to focus on it in future. I feel whatever I do, in the end I will have to come back to my original family profession,” Neil told IANS.
The newcomer says he always knew that he wanted to be an actor. “My father is a very simple man. He never enforces his views on others,” he said.
Now Neil has a potpourri of films in hand. He has been signed for a three-film contract by Percept Pictures, the first one being Madhur Bhandarkar’s “Jail”. He is also doing Kabir Khan’s untitled venture, which is being produced by Yash Raj Films.
“Besides Yash Raj’s film, I am doing Ken Ghosh’s love story. In addition to that, I am also a part of a film by a renowned director whom I cannot name now,” said Neil.
Then he will be seen in a small but significant role in Sudhir Mishra’s “Tera Kya Hoga Johnny” and a man possessed with supernatural powers in debutant director Jahangir Surti’s “Freeze”.
“My only priority in signing a film is the director. Roles, whether big or small, don’t matter to me. I sign a film for the director because he is the captain of the ship. If we have a good captain, we will have a safe journey,” Neil said.
- Birthday wishes, blessings galore for Neil Nitin Mukesh - Jan 15, 2011
- Blessed to be singer Mukesh's grandson: Neil - Jul 22, 2012
- Neil's first composition tribute to grandfather Mukesh - Jul 12, 2011
- Failure helps to keep you grounded: Neil Nitin Mukesh - Dec 09, 2010
- Neil Nitin Mukesh turns composer! - Apr 12, 2010
- Meet perfectionist Abhay Deol (Movie Snippets) (With Images) - Apr 11, 2012
- Neil Nitin Mukesh: Failure Is A Step Towards Success - Dec 09, 2010
- Boman Irani to join son in 'Student of The Year'? (Movie Snippets) - Apr 18, 2012
- Neil excited about big screen love story (Movie Snippets) - Dec 26, 2011
- Farhan finds awards fair (Movie Snippets) - Jan 16, 2012
- 'Tera Kya Hoga Johnny' release postponed indefinitely (Movie Snippets) - Dec 28, 2010
- You'll soon see me in a romantic role: Neil Mukesh - Apr 03, 2010
- Movie Review: Tera Kya Hoga Johnny – Sudhir Mishra Heists Your Empathy For Johnny - Dec 17, 2010
- Emraan an accommodating co-star, says Bipasha (Movie Snippets) - Feb 03, 2012
- Russians still sing 'Mera joota hai Japani': Neil - Jun 16, 2011
Tags: bathroom singer, being an actor, director roles, film contract, hoga, ken ghosh, kya, legendary singer, love story, nitin mukesh, original family, playback singers, renowned director, safe journey, simple man, singer mukesh, sudhir mishra, supernatural powers, surti, yash raj films