Muse song named best guitar riff of the past decadeOctober 2nd, 2010 - 6:02 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 2 (ANI): Alternative rock band Muse’s 2001 track ‘Plug In Baby’, which reached No 11 in the UK singles chart, has been named the best guitar riff of the past decade.
The poll, for Total Guitar magazine, also placed the group, whose guitarist Matt Bellamy created the memorable lines, at No five with Knights Of Cydonia.
Total Guitar asked readers to name the ultimate guitar riff of the past 10 years, which is celebrated in a special “monster riffs” edition of the magazine.
According to the magazine’s experts, Bellamy’s winning riff is deceptively difficult to play.
“I think Muse won because Matt Bellamy is a guitar hero for the 21st century,” the Mirror quoted Stephen Lawson, editor of Total Guitar magazine, as saying.
“He’s genuinely innovative, a real creative type who comes up with unique guitar parts. I’m sure it helps that his riffs are catchy too,” he stated.
Bands such as Green Day, Kasabian, Biffy Clyro, Elbow, Metallica and Red Hot Chili Peppers all made the top 50, which strips out the 60s and 70s acts which often dominate such lists.
Last year a poll found that 1968 track Voodoo Child by Jimi Hendrix was the greatest all-time riff. (ANI)
- Jimi Hendrix's Voodoo Child named 'Best Guitar Riff Of All Time' - Nov 27, 2009
- US rock group My Chemical Romance win two NME awards - Feb 25, 2011
- FBI spied on Beatles, Michael Jackson, even KFC boss - Apr 14, 2011
- Columbia dumps X-Factor winner Matt Cardle - May 22, 2012
- 'Sweet child of mine' voted greatest music riff - Aug 11, 2009
- Mr Brightside by The Killers voted Decade's Greatest Song - Dec 01, 2009
- Matthew Bellamy & Kate Hudon all set to become parents - Jan 13, 2011
- Courtney Love may sue over Kurt Cobain videogame - Sep 10, 2009
- Kurt Cobain comes back to life - in videogame avatar - Aug 28, 2009
- Muse's rendition of Feeling Good voted best cover version - Sep 22, 2010
- Guns 'N Roses' 'Sweet Child O'Mine' has 'Greatest Guitar Riff Of All Time' - Jan 18, 2010
- Guns N' Roses' 'Sweet Child O' Mine' voted 'Greatest Guitar Riff' - Aug 11, 2009
- 'Mere Brother Ki Dulhan's music interplay of folk and fun (IANS Music Review) - Aug 12, 2011
- Rock music on Bieber's favourite list - Jul 04, 2012
- Kate Hudson 'dating Muse frontman Matt Bellamy' - Jun 12, 2010
Tags: alternative rock band, band muse, best guitar riff, biffy clyro, creative type, elbow, guitar hero, hot chili peppers, jimi hendrix, matt bellamy, memorable lines, muse, plug in baby, red hot chili, red hot chili peppers, stephen lawson, total guitar magazine, uk singles chart, ultimate guitar, voodoo child