Murphy wants roles in smaller filmsJuly 25th, 2012 - 3:04 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 25 (IANS) Irish actor Cillian Murphy wants to star in “smaller films” shot closer to his home here. The reason is his family life.
The 36-year-old is known for his portrayal of Jonathan Crane better known as Scarecrow in Christopher Nolan’s “Batman” trilogy. He recently reprised his role in the latest movie “The Dark Knight Rises”, but he isn’t keen on being in anymore big movies for a while, reports contactmusic.com.
“I have lots of friends that live in Los Angeles, and they love it. I just feel like I’m European, and I want to do theatre, and I want to do TV, and I want to do smaller films, and I love the big studio pictures, but I want to be near my family. It’s just a priority,” said Murphy.
He will be next seen in Rodrigo Cortes’ thriller “Red Lights”.
- 'The Dark Knight Rises' biggest story I've told: Christopher Nolan (Interview) - Jul 11, 2012
- Rohan Sippy's film with Ayushmann, Kunaal, goes on floors (Movie Snippets) - Jul 22, 2012
- Elizabeth Olsen to take a break from school to shoot De Niro thriller - Jan 26, 2011
- 'The Dark Knight Rises' - dark, knightly and rises to expectations (IANS Movie Review) - Jul 20, 2012
- Nolan always 'prioritises' his characters: Gordon-Levitt - Mar 22, 2011
- Charles Rovan: 'The Dark Knight Rises' And 'Man Of Steel' To Be Kept At Bay From Each Other - Jan 06, 2011
- No new Urdu, Punjabi films, Pakistanis flock to watch Batman - Aug 20, 2012
- Nolan helps brother get 'Superman' movie - Jul 26, 2010
- Hathaway to star in 'The Dark Knight Rises' - Jan 20, 2011
- Christopher Nolan condemns theatre shooting - Jul 21, 2012
- Why won't Bale miss Batman costume? - Jun 20, 2012
- Hathaway spent all time in gym for Catwoman - Apr 14, 2012
- 'Batman 3' shooting to begin April 2011 - Jul 10, 2010
- Unseen footage of Heath Ledger to be used in next Batman movie? - Dec 02, 2010
- Anne Hathaway to play Catwoman in 'Dark Knight Rises' - Jan 20, 2011