Mumbai set to host first animation film festFebruary 3rd, 2011 - 5:12 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 3 (IANS) If you are a fan of animated characters, here is good news for you. The Enlighten Film Society is organising a film festival, starting Sunday, especially for animation movie aficionados.The festival will go on till Feb 27. Movies will be screened every Friday and Sunday. Films like “Pinocchio”, “Up” and Toystory-3″ will be shown.
“From Miyazaki to Disney, animation as a genre has redefined the idea of storytelling. It also happens to be genre that is experiencing a revolution of ideas, narratives, technology, visuals and above all entertainment. It also happens to be the genre which has been favourite of a two-year-old, 20-year-old and also 82-year-old.
“Since we have not showcased animated films so far, here is an attempt on the part of Enlighten to transport themselves to a brave new world,” Pranav Ashar, founder of the Enlighten Film Society, told IANS.
However, no Hindi animation feature films are included in the festival. Ashar said: “Though Indian cinema has come up with a lot of animated films lately, none has been so credible in particular.
“Yes, there have been a few short films by Indian filmmakers which have been acclaimed in festivals world wide. We are going to showcase two of them along with our scheduled movies. To keep an element of surprise we haven’t mentioned them in our schedule.”
A discussion session will follow every screening.
- Film festival to pay homage to Mani Kaul - Jul 07, 2011
- Mumbai to host Tagore film festival - May 07, 2011
- Mumbai to host first European film festival - May 30, 2011
- Satyajit Ray fest to mark 89th birth anniversary - May 01, 2010
- 'Dil Chahta Hai' screening to mark Farhan's 10 years in Bollywood - Jun 28, 2011
- Matching global trends, IFFI tries many firsts - Nov 11, 2011
- Dangerous Liaisons: Wild cats as trophy pets in UAE (With Images) - Apr 20, 2012
- 'Stanley Ka Dabba' goes globe trotting - Oct 23, 2011
- No movie theatres, but filmmaking a passion for these Saudis (With Image) - Apr 18, 2012
- 'Doraemon in Nobita...' a disappointing fare (IANS Movie Review) - Oct 08, 2011
- Indian, world cinema set new trends at Osian's film fest (Review) - Aug 06, 2012
- Carving space for real films on real people - Feb 04, 2011
- Cinema festival postponed after Mumbai blasts - Jul 15, 2011
- Osian's film fest back with rare, bold films - Jul 11, 2012
- Filmgoers have stopped taking cinema seriously: Adoor Gopalakrishnan (Lead, Interview) - Nov 22, 2010
Tags: animated films, animation feature, animation film, brave new world, disney animation, element of surprise, feature films, festivals, film fest, film festival, film society, first animation, indian cinema, indian filmmakers, miyazaki, narratives, pinocchio, short films, storytelling, visuals