Mumbai rave party: Designer Rocky S, actress Madhura clarify presenceMay 22nd, 2012 - 1:33 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 22 (IANS) Popular fashion designer Rocky S and model-actress Madhura Naik admit they were present at the party busted by the Mumbai police, but have claimed innocence of taking drugs. While Rocky says he was there for merely 10 minutes and is against drugs, Madhura says it was a “sundown party”.
Rocky, who designs for several Bollywood beauties including Bipasha Basu, Katrina Kaif and Neha Dhupia, says he was at the Oakwood Hotel in Juhu Sunday when the police raid took place.
“I had just dropped by for 10 minutes to wish my friend Samantha to ring in her birthday. Since I had a flight to catch the next morning, I was just on my way out when the incident occurred,” Rocky said in a statement.
“I was shocked as the raid started, more so since I hadn’t done drugs or anything like that. Had I known this would turn out to be a rave party, I would not have been a part of it as I am against the entire concept of drugs,” he added.
Madhura, who was seen in TV shows like “Dill Mill Gayye” and “Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani”, was among almost 100 people, including two IPl cricketers — Rahul Sharma and Wayne Parnell, as well as TV actors Apurva Agnihotri and Shilpa Saklani, detained after the raid.
“It was not a rave party at all. It was a sundown party. These parties start at 4 p.m. and get off by 9 p.m. or 10 p.m. It doesn’t get too late. I went there at 5.30 as it was one of my friends birthday. We were there to celebrate it over there. However, the police raid took place at 6 p.m. and all this news started flashing everywhere. I was completely stuck between this,” Madhura told IANS.
Post the raid, all those who were detained were taken to a hospital for a blood test followed by some further procedures at the police station.
Madhura, who says she was under custody for 14 hours, was disappointed with the proceedings at the hospital, where they were taken to give blood samples.
“As far as the blood test process was concerned, it was quite shocking as they were not labelling the samples. Doctors were not well equipped. I was very sure that I will come out completely clean as there was not a drop of alcohol in my blood,” she said.
Rocky also says he has undergone all required tests.
“I understand that these are legal procedures and I will fully cooperate with the system. I am confident of getting a clean chit as I have never ever done drugs in my life. There is nothing for me to be worried about the test results shall prove my innocence,” he said.
Drugs like Ecstasy and charas and 110 grams of cocaine were also seized from the spot.
- We didn't know it was a rave party: Shilpa Saklani - May 21, 2012
- Rave party: Cricketers, celebs claim innocence, organiser arrested (Roundup) - May 21, 2012
- Mumbai rave party organiser remanded to police custody (Lead) - May 21, 2012
- Rahul Sharma vows to give up cricket if found guilty (Lead) - May 21, 2012
- Was at the wrong place at wrong time: Parnell - May 21, 2012
- Mumbai rave party busted, IPL players questioned - May 21, 2012
- 10 detained in raid on Himachal rave party - Aug 05, 2012
- IPL brought foreign culture, spoiling youths: Hazare - May 21, 2012
- 200 youths detained after raid on rave party - Jun 27, 2011
- 44 at Juhu rave party test positive for drugs - Jun 22, 2012
- Rave party busted in Mumbai - May 21, 2012
- Eight held for moral policing in Karnataka (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 29, 2012
- Foreigners detained for rave party in Dharamsala - Jun 28, 2010
- Foreigners held rave party, let off (Lead) - Jun 28, 2010
- Armed Maoists raid home of Chhattisgarh legislator - Oct 12, 2011
Tags: bipasha basu, blood samples, blood test, bollywood beauties, dill mill gayye, fashion designer, friends birthday, ipl, juhu, katrina kaif, kii, model actress, mumbai police, neha dhupia, oakwood hotel, police raid, rahul sharma, shilpa saklani, taking drugs, tv actors