Mumbai Kids get creative at POGO mad carnivalDecember 22nd, 2009 - 1:35 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Rob makes his “big picture’ and over 2500 kids become part of making of this grandeur at the first ever Pogo M.A.D carnival in Mumbai on Sunday, December 20, 2009.
Sunday in “Amchi Mumbai” was marked with over 2500 smiles! POGO, Indian kids’ favorite channel and Rob, host of the multi award winning arts show– M.A.D, hosted a fun-filled M.A.D Carnival on Sunday, December 20, 2009 at Kalangan Ground, Mumbai. The carnival resonated with music, art and dance, as fans came together to celebrate creativity. Rob created a 20-feet high “Big Picture’, using recycled bags in front of a live audience of 2500 Mumbai kids, the balloons released colored the sky blue, giving out the message to save the environment. Also present at the carnival were kids’ popular cartoon characters– “Bob The Builder’ and “Noddy’. The carnival was the culmination of an expansive, multi-city, off-air marketing campaign, bringing M.A.D closer to its fans, across India. Delightedly, M.A.D recently won its ninth “best kids program’ award, since it kick-started first in April 2005.
Dance quotient at the carnival was doubled by an electrifying performance by the popular Biboing group.
Monica Tata, Deputy General Manager and Vice President– Entertainment, South Asia, Turner International India Private Limited (TIIPL), said, “What better way for kids to kick-start their vacations with their very own “host and dost’ –Rob. The overwhelming popularity and the persistent demands from M.A.D fans compelled us to bring together the M.A.D experience on-ground. M.A.D Carnival was exuberant with music, art and dance and was a perfect platform for kids to team up with Rob to bring out their creativity and have fun.”
The atmosphere was exhilarating with Rob entertaining kids and exciting games that kept kids and parents occupied throughout the carnival. Music, art and dance were in the air with exciting activities taking place simultaneously in the three respective fun zones. Kids were spoilt for choice with plethora of activities planned for them such as –musical noses, paintball with Rob, caricatures, fishing for music, balloon sculpting, photo-op with Rob, M.A.D jigsaw and graffiti message board for Rob to name a few. The kids also put on their dancing shoes and enjoyed Whooper Relay, Dance Mats and Hula Hoop.
POGO, a multi-genre channel created exclusively for kids in India, launched successfully on January 1, 2004 and is distributed by Zee Turner Ltd. POGO is available in over 20 million cable and satellite homes. Within a few months of its launch, POGO became the second most popular kids’ entertainment channel in India, after Cartoon Network and continues to maintain this position today.
Turner Broadcasting System Inc., a Time Warner company, is a major producer of news and entertainment products around the world and the leading provider of programming for the basic cable industry.
- POGO launches M.A.D. Creations Art books - Dec 21, 2010
- Summer bonanza awaits children on television - May 13, 2010
- HASTENING THE HOLIDAYS, POGO LAUNCHES - Apr 08, 2009
- A SUMMER CARNIVAL OF INDIAN ANIMATION ON CARTOON NETWORK and POGO - Apr 28, 2009
- Not just kids, adults too are hooked to kids art show - Oct 21, 2010
- Merry Christmas from Cartoon Network and Pogo - Dec 17, 2009
- Watch Out For Modern Kumbh Karan On Pogo! - Sep 24, 2010
- POGO To Launch F.A.Q. Season II On August 14 - Aug 10, 2010
- Actors shocked at Imagine TV shutting down - Apr 13, 2012
- Even at 70, Tom and Jerry are kings of entertainment - Mar 18, 2010
- Fly with Mickey, Minnie in Jet's Disney-themed aircraft (With image) - Jul 09, 2012
- Cartoon show launches entertaining maths tutorials - Dec 11, 2010
- Cartoon Network unveils 'Back to School' range - May 23, 2012
- Cartoon Network Launches New Cartoon Network Club - Jul 20, 2010
- Bollywood takes India-Latin America ties to new high - Feb 01, 2011
Tags: bob the builder, carnival music, cartoon characters, culmination, deputy general, exciting activities, exciting games, favorite channel, indian kids, kids and parents, kids program, marketing campaign, music art, overwhelming popularity, persistent demands, pogo, quotient, sky blue, South Asia, turner international