Mumbai Film Fest to have France as country focusSeptember 20th, 2011 - 8:09 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 20 (IANS) The 13th Mumbai Film Festival, starting Oct 13, will focus on French films this year.
“This year the country focus will be France, so you will have a large selection of French films… and we expect a large delegation of artists and filmmakers from France to attend the festival,” Amit Khanna, one of the trustees of the festival, told reporters here.
The festival, a Reliance entertainment initiative, which is being organised by the Mumbai Academy of Moving Image (MAMI) will host a special section “4me Rendez-Vous”, in collaboration with Unifrance, Embassy of France in India and Consulate General of France in Mumbai.
In the section, best of New French Cinema like “The Snows of Kilimanjaro”, “The Conquest” and “Declaration of War” will be screened.
The festival will also offer a special presentation by Lee Yong Kwan, director Busan International Film Festival - he will present a selection of latest Asian films from Busan.
- Mumbai to host third edition of French film festival - Nov 18, 2010
- Nine silent films to be shown at Mumbai fest - Jul 18, 2012
- Women dominate at bigger, better Mumbai film fest - Oct 14, 2011
- Off beat films keep me grounded: Mithun - Oct 19, 2011
- 'Barfi!' selected for Busan fest (Movie Snippets)( With Image) - Sep 02, 2012
- World cinema unfolds as MAMI fest kicks off - Oct 22, 2010
- Indian film festivals come of age (Comment) - Oct 21, 2011
- Sarika in Mumbai film fest's international jury - Oct 01, 2011
- Gulzar to get lifetime award at Mumbai film fest - Sep 20, 2011
- French film 'My Little Princes' sweeps MAMI awards - Oct 21, 2011
- Capital to host its first 'Delhi International Film Festival' - Aug 21, 2012
- Mumbai film festival promises to be bigger, better - Oct 21, 2010
- Missed it at Cannes? Catch it in Mumbai - Oct 18, 2011
- Mumbai film fest to celebrate Japanese cinema - Sep 14, 2010
- Dev Benegal in short film judges panel at Mumbai film fest - Oct 08, 2010
Tags: asian films, busan international film festival, conquest, consulate general of france, country focus, declaration of war, delegation, embassy of france, embassy of france in india, entertainment initiative, film fest, filmmakers, french cinema, french films, international film festival, kwan, mami, moving image, mumbai film festival, reliance