Mumbai film fest to feature world premieresOctober 15th, 2010 - 11:18 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 15 (IANS) The 12th Mumbai Film Festival (MFF) starting Oct 21 will feature the world premiere of five movies - three from India and one each from Denmark and France.
The Indian films are Biju Kumar’s “The Way Home”, Sudhish Kamath’s “Good Night Good Morning” and debutant K.M Kamal’s “Alif”. The Danish film, “Abobe the Street Below the Water”, is directed by Charlotte Sieling. Director duo Jonas Pariente and Mathias Mangin’s French documentary “Next Year in Mumbai” will also be screened, stated a MFF statement here.
Organised by the Mumbai Academy of Moving Image (MAMI), MFF is a Reliance Big Entertainment Ltd (RBEL) initiative which is the flagship media and entertainment arm of the Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group.
“Florida Road” from South Africa by Brad Glass and “Sound of Mumbai: A Musical” helmed by Sarah McCarthy will follow suit with their Asian premieres at the event.
Over 200 films from 58 countries will be screened during the festival that concludes Oct 28. The venues are Chandan Cinema (Juhu) and the adjacent five screens of PVR Juhu, which will function as the Main Festival Complex along with two screens of Metro Big Cinemas (Marine Lines) and one screen of R City (Ghatkopar).
The world’s top 25 film distributing companies will also be attending the gala.
Over 20 Indian films will be screened at the fest under various segments. Some of these include Aamir Bashir’s directorial debut “Harud”, Aparna Sen’s “Iti Mrinalini”, Girish Kasarvalli’s “Kanasemba Kudureyaneri”, Nila Madhab Panda’s “I Am Kalam”, Anjan Dutt’s “BBD” and debutant director Vinay Shukla’s “Mirch”.
- World cinema unfolds as MAMI fest kicks off - Oct 22, 2010
- Mumbai film fest to hold world premiere of international film - Sep 28, 2010
- Mumbai film fest to pick 32 students as critics - Sep 07, 2010
- Mumbai film fest to celebrate Japanese cinema - Sep 14, 2010
- Dev Benegal in short film judges panel at Mumbai film fest - Oct 08, 2010
- Mumbai film fest calls for short films by Mumbaikars - Sep 09, 2010
- 'I Am Kalam' to open IFFLA 2011 - Mar 31, 2011
- Off beat films keep me grounded: Mithun - Oct 19, 2011
- Nila Madhab's 'Jalpari' screened at Marche du Cannes - May 22, 2012
- Gulshan Grover to attend LA screenings of 'I Am Kalam' - Jun 17, 2011
- Nila Madhab Panda supports 'green' films for kids - Jun 21, 2012
- Nine silent films to be shown at Mumbai fest - Jul 18, 2012
- 'Rang Rasiya', 'I Am Kalam' at Chicago film fest - Aug 18, 2011
- Shashi Kapoor to get lifetime award at Mumbai fest - Aug 27, 2009
- Anurag Kashyap's 'That Girl...' to open South Asian film fest - Oct 10, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,