Mum slams Eminem’s difficult childhood claimsDecember 18th, 2007 - 7:19 pm ICT by admin
New York, December 18 (ANI): Rap star Eminems mother Debbie Nelson has rubbished her sons claims in his songs that he had a very difficult childhood.
She writes in her tell-all book My Son Marshall, My Son Eminem that her son resorted to all that crap only to become famous as a rap star.
“After his first album, Infinite, flopped, he reinvented himself as white trailer trash with a crazy welfare mom. I was shocked when I first heard the lyrics… but he constantly reassured me it was all a big joke… I went along with it for Marshall’s sake,” the New York Post quotes her as writing in the books introduction.
She also says by way of the book that years of verbal and physical attacks by her sons fans have now got her through pretending.
“This book is my way of setting the record straight,” she writes.
The book also reveals that as a child, Eminem was a shy boy who was so jealous of his mother’s new man that he would not let him sleep with her on their wedding night.
Written through ghost-scribe and top British author Annette Witheridge, the book further reveals that the singer beat his mother up on his 23rd birthday, and that he does not remember 1999 when he first married his childhood sweetheart Kim.
However, despite all these sufferings, Nelson does not condemn her son.
“My son never intended for me to become an object of hatred,” she writes in the book.
Representatives for Eminem were unavailable for comment. (ANI)
- Eminem's mum 'to marry bisexual agent who sued her' - Nov 28, 2009
- Eminem's dying mother wants to end their decade-long feud - Apr 23, 2009
- Eminem was a victim of bullying as a child - Oct 19, 2010
- Watch as Dr Dre, Rihanna, Skyar, and Eminem Rock the Grammys - Feb 14, 2011
- '60 Minutes' Showcases The Other Side Of Eminem - Oct 11, 2010
- Reclusive rapper Eminem returns with book, new album - Oct 20, 2008
- Hulk Hogan's wife Linda to pen tell-all book - Jan 27, 2010
- Titanic still connects its descendants: British writer - Apr 13, 2012
- Shahnaz Husain's daughter pens mother's biography (With Image) - Apr 17, 2012
- We did our best to save Amy: Mitch Winehouse - Jul 09, 2012
- Jenny Sanford's book 'Staying True' to reveal all details about her husband's affair - Feb 02, 2010
- Hopkins shelves autobiography - Feb 01, 2011
- Shirley MacLaine's UFO date with ex Oz Minister Andrew Peacock - Apr 17, 2011
- The British healer who fought tumour with meditation - Dec 13, 2011
- US bride-to-be discovers her own mother abducted her 26 years ago - Oct 10, 2010
Tags: annette witheridge, british author, childhood sweetheart, crap, debbie nelson, difficult childhood, eminem, hatred, mother debbie, new man, new york post, rap star, sake, scribe, shy boy, slams, sufferings, wedding night, welfare mom, white trailer trash