Mugdha, Shriya prove actresses can work harmoniouslyJanuary 11th, 2012 - 8:15 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 11 (IANS) Swimming, driving and gymming — model-turned-actress Mugdha Godse did all that with co-star Shriya Saran while shooting for “Gali Gali Chor Hai” and dispelled the notion that two actresses cannot bond well while working together.
“Shriya and me were friends even before signing the film. When I got to know that we both are in the film, I thought it’s going to be girls’ time. I think girls can have the best girlie time. We had the best time together. We used to swim together, workout together and we used to go for drive in the night,” Mugdha told to IANS.
Mugdha, whose performance was praised in her debut film “Fashion”, seems to be pretty excited about the project, a remake of 1994 “Laadla” that had Anil Kapoor, Sridevi and Raveena Tandon in the lead roles.
“I am playing Sridevi’s role in the remake. It’s going to be very challenging and I am really looking forward to it,” she said.
Directed by Rumy Jaffery, “Gali Gali Chor Hai” stars Akshaye Khanna in the male lead.
As the trend of item numbers has become big in Bollywood, Mugdha is also keen to shake her leg on such a song.
“I wouldn’t mind doing an item number, but it depends on something that I would like to do. As everyone is doing item numbers, so what new you are getting to do? So, if something different comes up, then why not!” she said.
Mugdha has handful of films in her kitty for 2012 — “Will You Marry Me”, “Afra Tafri” and her first Marathi film, which is again a remake of “Laadla”.
- 'Gali Gali...' to release Feb 3, 2012 - Dec 23, 2011
- Shriya Saran's plea - do not divide films on regional basis - Feb 04, 2012
- Gear up for Shriya's item number - Jun 13, 2012
- Without strong content, you can't do anything: Akshaye - Jan 16, 2012
- Satish Kaushik as common man in 'Gali Gali Chor Hai' - Jan 30, 2012
- Why have I been such an idiot, wonders Annu Kapoor (With Images) - Jan 24, 2012
- 'Gali Gali...' screening in Anna village raises piracy fears - Jan 25, 2012
- Small, simple tales for moviegoers this week - Jan 30, 2012
- Don't want to associate with every film: Akshaye Khanna - Feb 02, 2012
- 'Gali Gali Chor Hai', uninspiring, dry take on corruption (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Feb 04, 2012
- Villagers attend film screening with Anna Hazare (With Images) - Jan 25, 2012
- Special screening of Bollywood anti-graft film for Hazare - Jan 24, 2012
- Mugdha Godse turns painter - Sep 11, 2012
- Prakash Jha advises Rumi Jaffery to shoot in Bhopal - Sep 23, 2011
- I am not supposed to please everyone: Veena Malik - Feb 27, 2012
Tags: actress, actresses, akshaye khanna, anil kapoor, best time, co star, debut film, film fashion, films, girls time, handful, jaffery, kitty, laadla, notion, raveena tandon, shriya saran, sridevi, workout