Mufti’s statement on Pak currency invites BJP ireApril 18th, 2008 - 8:46 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Apr.18 (ANI): Rejecting former Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed’s proposal for giving recognition to Pakistani currency in the state, the Bharatiya Janata Party on Friday termed him a “traitor”, and said that Sayeed is “speaking the language of separatists”.
“BJP asks the Congress to give its position and reaction over the statement,” said party spokesman Prakash Javadekar.
On the issue of terrorism, the party said that the UPA Government’s ministers are playing “vote bank politics and appeasing the minorities.
It said that the arrest of SIMI activists in Madhya Pradesh only showed that banned outfits such as these were desperate to infuse “communal hatred and carry out militant activities”.
On the conflagration in Tibet, it said that it was deeply concerned over the crackdown on Tibetans by the Chinese Government.
The UPA Government should have given a strong riposte to the alleged human rights violations in Tibet, rather than kowtowing to the Chinese view on developments in that restive region.
On the elections in Nepal, the party welcomed the abolishing of the monarchy, and hoped that the introduction of democracy in Nepal would allow people of that country to be more expressive.
“We hope that democracy in Nepal will not be a copy of the regime in North Korea and the erstwhile Pol Pot regime of Cambodia,” it said. (ANI)
- Mufti's call for government change in J&K; - May 26, 2012
- PDP scripted new chapter in Kashmir's history: Mufti - Mar 25, 2012
- Mufti Sayeed accuses National Conference of 'double standards' - Sep 24, 2011
- Committed to equal growth in all Kashmir regions: PDP - Nov 30, 2011
- Omar has reduced AFSPA issue to gimmickry: Mufti - Nov 28, 2011
- BJP leader Gadkari defends Ajmer blast accused Indresh Kumar - Oct 25, 2010
- Mufti seeks boost for Kashmir economy - Dec 26, 2011
- Mufti Sayeed seeks civic polls in Kashmir - Dec 04, 2011
- Kashmiris feeling alienated under Omar: Mufti - Jan 09, 2012
- Evolve national consensus to solve Kashmir problem: Mufti - Jul 17, 2012
- Mufti calls for regime change in Jammu and Kashmir - Aug 12, 2012
- Pranab visits Kashmir on poll campaign - Jul 15, 2012
- 'Hydel agreements in Kashmir need renegotiation' - May 23, 2012
- Kashmir not a problem of mere stone pelting: Mufti Sayeed - Jul 30, 2011
- Credibility of J&K; regime at lowest: Mufti - Sep 01, 2012
Tags: bharatiya janata party, chief minister, chinese government, chinese view, communal hatred, conflagration, democracy in nepal, human rights violations, jammu, kowtowing, mufti, north korea, party spokesman, pol pot, pol pot regime, riposte, sayeed, tibetans, UPA, vote bank