MTV ‘Roadies’ finalist Shambhavi steps into BollywoodApril 19th, 2008 - 10:59 am ICT by admin
By Radhika Bhirani
New Delhi, April 19 (IANS) Shambhavi Sharma, a finalist on MTV’s reality show “Roadies” who was known for her flirtatious and cunning ways, has now stepped into Bollywood with “The Little Godfather”. The film, being produced by Ekta Kapoor and Suniel Shetty, was offered to Shambhavi while she was featuring in the fifth edition of MTV “Roadies”, an adventure reality show.
“I was offered the film during the second or third episode of ‘Roadies’ through MTV,” Shambhavi told IANS on phone from Mumbai.
The 19-year-old law student was also selected to participate in the international leg of the show, but was voted out in its very first episode.
So how did the “The Little Godfather” come her way?
“I was not expecting it at all, it just happened. I used to love facing the camera and now that I am doing it, I am very excited about it,” she said.
Asked about her character and co-actor in the film, Shambhavi said she could divulge any details.
A self-confessed controversy queen, she feels she has become more confident after her stint in “Roadies”.
“I used to be very shy before being a part of ‘Roadies’. But after that, my whole perspective towards life has changed and I have also become more expressive,” she said.
Shambhavi describes her experience in the show as “outstanding”.
“‘Roadies’ is an awesome show. I enjoyed each and every bit of it.”
She stole the limelight on the show for her conniving, forthright and flirtatious ways. She now proudly admits that it was her well-thought strategy.
“I don’t gel very well with girls. So when I used to be with the boys, people started thinking wrong about me. Besides, yes, my scheming was a part of my strategy to survive in the show,” she explained.
When Shambhavi returned to Mumbai, she realised that she had become a popular figure.
“When I came back, my friends and parents were very happy with the way I performed and people even started recognising me on the streets. I also signed a few autographs,” she said excitedly.
- 'Roadies' a semi-planned reality show: Shambhavi Sharma - Mar 22, 2011
- Bani's Bollywood plans get delayed (With Image) - Jul 18, 2012
- Sugandha Garg tells quirky stories on her travel show (With Images) - May 06, 2012
- 'Sperm donation common, people keep mum' - Mar 25, 2012
- I don't follow anyone in Bollywood: Ankit Mohan - Aug 11, 2011
- Mouli, a shopaholic (TV Snippets) - Jul 03, 2012
- Arjun Kapoor to play Yamraj in street play? (Movie Snippets) - May 10, 2012
- Aanchal Khurana wins 'MTV Roadies 8' - Jun 18, 2011
- Congrats Soumitra da, says Big B (Movie Snippets) - Mar 22, 2012
- I'm not going back to TV: Prachi Desai - May 12, 2012
- Sreeram has velvet voice: Shaan (Snippets) - Apr 05, 2012
- Youth want sex, violence - not mush - on TV - Aug 29, 2010
- No godfather for Sheena Chohan, only mentor Sushmita (With images) - May 09, 2012
- For Harshdeep, lyrics are backbone of a song (With Image) - May 15, 2012
- MTV targets mobile generation with tech-savvy 'Crunch' show - Apr 19, 2011