MTV Hits Back At Christopher Gambale, But He Is Not Bothered!November 27th, 2010 - 6:11 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
MTV has reportedly sent a notice to screenwriter Christopher Gambale mentioning clearly that the series ‘Jersey Shore’ is not a borrowed idea. It was in the recent past that Christopher Gambale came up with a statement saying that the reality television series aired on the national television network is not an original idea but is copied from him. But MTV too was not prepared to sit down and listen to such allegations being made against a show which has had successful runs on the network and is soon to air its third season next year.
Christopher Gambale on the other hand has said in a statement to the media that he had sent the notice to the MTV authorities as early as 2006 itself, but did not get any kind of response from the television network, forcing him to issue a lawsuit against them. Now, it is MTV’s turn to hit back at the man and the channel authorities have gone on air claiming that ‘Jersey Shore’ may have taken inspiration from films like ‘My Cousin Vinny’ and ‘Saturday Night Fever’ and reality programs like ‘ Growing Up Gotti’, but never has it borrowed the script of ‘Jersey Shore’ from anywhere else. Christopher Gambale however sticks to his earlier claims and refuses to accept the fact stated by MTV.
‘Jersey Shore’ is a reality TV series which shows eight contestants spending the summers together under one roof.
– Sampurn Wire
- Vinny returns to Jersey Shore - Jul 11, 2011
- MTV Sets New Record With Premiere of 'Jersey Shore' - Jan 13, 2011
- The Cat-Fight Continues In "Jersey Shore" Season 2 Episode 7 - Sep 10, 2010
- "Jersey Shore" Cast Members Get Together For Reunion Episode - Oct 29, 2010
- Sammie And Ronnie Call It Quits In "Jersey Shore" Season 2 Episode 5 - Aug 27, 2010
- 'Jersey Shore' premiere sets MTV record - Jan 13, 2011
- Jesse Shore Ends, Third Season To Start In January Next Year - Oct 26, 2010
- MTV Exec Stands By The Contentious 'Skins' Despite The Slight Slide In Viewership And Withdrawal Of Advertisers - Feb 02, 2011
- MTV Premieres "Jersey Shore" Season 2 - Jul 30, 2010
- 'Jersey Shore' Star Vinny Guadagnino Planned To Join Harvard - Jan 29, 2010
- Jersey Shore: Forth Coming Season To Premiere In July - Jan 22, 2011
- Jersey Shore to replace cast for third season - May 12, 2010
- Jersey Shore star Ronnie Ortiz-Magro pleads not guilty - Feb 15, 2011
- Italian group blasts mob wives - Apr 21, 2011
- "Jersey Shore" Season 3 To Make Its Debut On January - Oct 22, 2010
Tags: allegations, authorities, films, gambale, growing up gotti, inspiration, jersey shore, mtv, mtv hits, my cousin vinny, national television network, reality television, reality tv, saturday night fever, screenwriter, statement saying that, television series, third season, tv series