Mrinal Sen, Buddhadeb Dasgupta remember Rajesh KhannaJuly 18th, 2012 - 5:09 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 18 (IANS) Veteran Bengali filmmakers Mrinal Sen and Buddhadeb Dasgupta Wednesday mourned the death of Bollywood’s first superstar Rajesh Khanna and said his acting skills will continue to inspire the aspiring actors in future.
“He was a very good actor. He will be remembered by several generations for his acting skills,” Sen told IANS.
Rajesh Khanna died Wednesday after a prolonged illness. He was 69.
Sen, a Dadasahab Phalke award winner, recollected how he had wanted to cast the actor in one of his films, but the latter could not manage due to date problems.
“We had met several times. Once I had wanted to cast him in one of my films but somehow that didn’t work out due to his date problems,” he said.
National Award winning filmmaker Dasgupta said Khanna’s acting would continue to inspire young actors in future.
“He was a great actor and was the first superstar. He was a much bigger star than Amitabh Bachchan. He was a craze when we were in school and college. His acting will continue to inspire young actors of the coming generations,” Dasgupta told IANS.
- Would love to continue for audiences's sake: Soumitra Chatterjee - May 18, 2012
- We will miss our first hero: Kaka's female fans - Jul 18, 2012
- President, PM mourn Rajesh Khanna's death (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Pakistani PM condoles Rajesh Khanna's death - Jul 18, 2012
- The darker shades of superstar Rajesh Khanna's life (Comment) - Jul 22, 2012
- On Indian cinema's centenary, wax statue to honour Phalke (With Images) - Feb 17, 2012
- Malayalam film industry mourns Rajesh Khanna's death - Jul 18, 2012
- Why would I have gone to Mumbai? asks Soumitra Chatterjee (Interview) - May 12, 2012
- Mrinal Sen, young at 90, says learning is never ending - May 15, 2012
- Soumitra Chatterjee named for Dada Saheb Phalke award (Lead) - Mar 21, 2012
- Rajesh Khanna, Bollywood's first superstar, no more (Roundup) - Jul 18, 2012
- Phalke award is recognition of my 53 years of hard work: Soumitra - Mar 21, 2012
- Rajesh Khanna was destined to be superstar: Dimple Kapadia - Aug 18, 2012
- Rajesh Khanna left behind rich legacy: Ambika Soni - Jul 18, 2012
- Rajesh Khanna was destined to be superstar, says Dimple (Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
Tags: acting skills, amitabh bachchan, aspiring actors, award winner, bengali, bollywood, filmmakers, films, generations, great actor, mrinal sen, rajesh khanna, several times, superstar, veteran, young actors