MP’s letter forged to recommend Bappi Lahiri for awardApril 27th, 2012 - 12:16 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 26 (IANS) Unidentified individuals forged the signature of Uttar Pradesh MP Kamal Kishor on his letterhead and sent the government a recommendation for awarding music director and singer Bappi Lahiri a Padma Bhushan, India’s third highest civilian award, Delhi Police said Thursday.
On receiving a complaint from Kishor, who represents Bahraich constituency, a case was registered Wednesday, police said.
The MP approached police April 10 alleging that his letter pad and signature used by the miscreants were forged and he never sent any letter recommending Lahiri for the award.
Kishor asked the government to cancel the recommendation letter and to set up a high-level investigation into the matter. In the complaint, he said that he was unaware how someone forged his signature and letter pad.
The economic offences wing of police, after conducting a preliminary inquiry, registered a case against unknown miscreants.
“From the inquiry conducted so far and record collected, a prima facie criminal case is made out,” said a police officer.
A case of cheating, forgery for purpose of cheating and using a forged document as genuine was registered.
- Two held for forging MP's letterhead - Jun 23, 2012
- Abhishek Verma faces arrest for money laundering - Aug 21, 2012
- Granted bail, Anca will still stay in jail - Aug 29, 2012
- Filmmaker Sanjay Gupta booked for forgery - Mar 01, 2012
- Travel agent forges MP's signature, held in Delhi - Jun 07, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh IT commissioner faces arrest for forgery - Nov 11, 2010
- Ugandan student duped with fake admission letter - Jul 05, 2011
- Chandigarh Police arrest two for tourist visa fraud - Nov 21, 2011
- Railway job racket busted, 5 arrested - Apr 27, 2012
- CBI recommends cases against Chautala, others in recruitment scam - Sep 05, 2012
- Court discharges two accused in organised crime case (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Andhra Police officer suspended for absence from duty - Jun 19, 2012
- Cricket board officials covered up forgery: GCA member - Dec 25, 2010
- Chandigarh police arrest businessman in cheating case - Apr 28, 2011
- CBI clerk, seven others sent to jail for fraud - Sep 06, 2012
Tags: bappi lahiri, constituency, criminal case, delhi police, economic offences, forgery, kamal, kishor, letterhead, miscreants, mp, music director, New Delhi, padma bhushan, police officer, police said thursday, preliminary inquiry, recommendation letter, unidentified individuals, uttar pradesh