MP Lembit Opik dumped by his Cheeky Girls fianceeJuly 13th, 2008 - 7:27 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 13 (ANI): British politician Lembit Opik has been dumped by his Cheeky Girls fiancee Gabriela Irimia, it has emerged.
The split comes after a series of events, which made Irimia so furious that she is refusing to see the Liberal Democrat Member of Parliament or take his calls.
“Gabby is very stressed and just wants to be on her own,” News of the World quoted a source close to the pair as revealing on July 12.
“She is very unhappy and has been crying a lot. It’’s just got too much lately,” the source said.
It has come to light that Gabriela, whose most famous hit with twin Monica is The Cheeky Song (Touch My Bum), has been having problems with the relationship.
“I can”t handle it any more. This is not a proper relationship. I want some space,” she had told her friends.
The couple had been having a series of rows, which escalated two weeks ago before the Cheeky Girls performed at a gala dinner in London.
“Lembit was going on and on, dominating the conversation like he normally does and was delaying Gabriela, who wanted to get ready to sing with Monica. She was going to be late on stage and decided she”d had enough,” a source revealed.
“She stormed off, did the gig and refused to speak with Lembit at the end or leave with him.
“Lembit has been frantically texting her but she doesn”t want to see him or talk to him.
“He even turned up at the twins” home in Rye last week but Gabby refused to see him,” the source added.
The relationship was regarded as one of the oddest celebrity pairings ever, he a 42-year-old politician and she a Romanian pop star 17 years his junior.
The couple discussed marrying next year though they never lived together, spending just two nights a week with each other at his London flat or in Wales where he owns two houses. Tensions in his relationship with Gabby were clear in documentary Living With The Cheeky Girls, repeated on Living TV tonight at 8pm.
In it, the couple are seen arguing after Opik arrives late for a party to celebrate the 53rd birthday of the twins” mum Margit.
He had been held up voting at Westminster and missed a speech by Gabby at London’’s Embassy Club. As he explains what happened, Gabby walks off saying “whatever”.
“Lembit dictates when and where they meet and Gabby’’s finding it emotionally draining,” another source claimed.
“They met accidentally on Thursday at the BBC during filming of political programme This Week.
“He turned up and asked what Gabby and Monica were doing there. Then his researcher made a joke in front of everyone, asking the same question. The twins felt insulted. You could have cut the atmosphere with a knife.
“Lembit tried to buttonhole Gabby in the green room but she was ice cold. She left with Monica, refusing to say goodbye,” the source added.
According to her mum Margit, Gabriela is very upset with the whole thing.
“Gabriela is upset but is refusing to talk about Lembit,” her mum added. (ANI)
- Gabriela Irimia cautioned by police for shoplifting - Jan 09, 2011
- Is Katie Green dating Lib Dem MP Lembit Opik? - Jul 05, 2009
- Cheeky Girl Gabriela Irimia reveals secret miscarriage ordeal - Jul 20, 2008
- Naked Katie Green wears bubbles in steamy tub shoot! - Sep 09, 2009
- Love match on the beach (Olympic diary) - Aug 06, 2012
- Longoria, Cruz part ways - Jun 29, 2012
- Victoria Beckham wants to call her baby Santa - Apr 11, 2011
- Sarah Harding finds new love? - Sep 05, 2012
- It's definitely not twins: Simpson - Nov 11, 2011
- Derek Hough flies in to UK to woo back Cheryl Cole - Feb 19, 2011
- Mel C unaware of Halliwell, Brand affair - Aug 31, 2012
- Real Housewives of New Jersey: Dina Manzo returns - Sep 10, 2012
- Katie Green's sexy Valentine surprise for new man - Feb 14, 2010
- Charlotte Church, Gavin Henson 'parted ways over lesbian smooch' - May 31, 2010
- Porn star calls Hurley a mug for expecting fairytale romance with Warne - Feb 17, 2011
Tags: 17 years, british politician, bum, cheeky girls, cheeky song, fiancee, gabriela, gala dinner, gig, lembit opik, liberal democrat member, living tv, member of parliament, monica, news of the world, own news, parliament, pop star, proper relationship, tensions