Movie to be made on J.K. Rowling’s lifeFebruary 17th, 2011 - 11:46 pm ICT by IANS
London, Feb 17 (IANS) “Harry Potter” author J.K. Rowling’s life story is to be turned into a movie.Rowling - who went from being a single mother receiving state benefits to being worth an estimated $804 million following the worldwide success of the schoolboy wizard franchise - will be portrayed in the film by actress Poppy Montgomery, known for her role as FBI agent Samantha Spade in US TV series “Without a Trace”.
Entitled “Strange Magic”, the movie will feature details of the writer’s early life in Britain, as well as explaining how the “Harry Potter” concept was envisaged while the 45-year-old author was on a train journey from Manchester to London, reports contactmusic.com.
After revisiting her former cramped Edinburgh flat - where she penned the first book in the franchise, “Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone” - with a British TV crew, Rowling broke down in tears.
“I feel I really became myself here. This is where I turned my life around. I’d made such a mess of things. So I just thought, ‘Well, I want to write’ - and I wrote the book,” she said.
- 'Harry Potter' author JK Rowling's story to be made into a movie in Canada - Feb 17, 2011
- Poppy Montgomery cast as JK Rowling in new TV biopic - Mar 14, 2011
- No more Harry Potter books: Daniel Radcliffe - Nov 17, 2010
- Harry Potter and the Indian fan - one last magical time (Feature) - Jul 09, 2011
- Daniel Radcliffe says that he is done with the Harry Potter franchise - Jun 20, 2011
- Daniel Radcliffe vetoed future Potter books - Apr 27, 2011
- Warner Bros gifts diamond bracelet to Rowling - Jul 21, 2011
- No more Harry Potter for Radcliffe! - Jul 12, 2011
- Daniel Radcliffe: No More Potter Movie Without J K Rowling Book - Nov 30, 2010
- Rowling plans 'Harry Potter' encyclopaedia - Apr 18, 2012
- Life without Harry Potter 'will be scary, but exciting' for Radcliffe' - Nov 15, 2010
- 'Harry Potter' fan to auction Rowling's boots - Sep 20, 2011
- Radcliffe wants to play superhero - May 26, 2012
- J.K. Rowling announces e-books, Pottermore - Jun 23, 2011
- Daniel Radcliffe 'was worried about new Potter book rumours' - Apr 27, 2011
Tags: british tv, edinburgh, fbi agent, franchise, harry potter, harry potter author, harry potter author j k rowling, j k rowling, london feb, london reports, philosopher, poppy montgomery, samantha spade, schoolboy wizard, single mother, strange magic, train journey, tv crew, tv series, worldwide success