Movie Review: Team - The Force (2009)June 5th, 2009 - 7:33 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Team – The Force: Simply Pathetic
Rating: 1 out of 5*
Starring: Sohail Khan, Yash Tonk, Aarti Chabbria, Amrita Arora, Sayaji Shinde, Vrajesh Hirjee and Kulbhushan Kharbanda
Director: Ajay Chandok
Raj (Sohail), Yash (Yash Tonk) and Jassi (Vrajesh) are three best pals who aim to strike big in the music industry but are down on luck. They stay as paying guests at Baabe’s (Kulbhushan Kharbanda) villa. Seeing their honest zest for making it big in the field of music, Baabe offers them a timely financial help and produces their first video album. But their joys are short lived as Underworld don Raman Shetty (Sayaji Shinde) starts making extortion calls to Baabe since he wants to usurp his palatial villa. How the trio of Raj, Yash and Jassi teams up together and turns the tables on the underworld don and what hilarious consequences it all leads to forms the rest of the film.
The film is clearly aimed at the masses so it would be futile to make an in depth analysis of the film. But still having said that, the film is a clear example of how filmmakers tend to take their target audiences for granted. Fine they don’t expect you to bring your brains to such movies but why insult the intelligence so much? All possible cinematic liberties taken, all much used and abused clichés incorporated, heroines used for mere skin show, songs tumbling out of nowhere and pathetic hamming in the name of acting is that what you spend your money to watch?
The director of the film, Ajay Chandok needs a quick lesson in filmmaking and understanding that even the smaller center audiences has grown up and have discarded stuff which worked in the 80s. Chandok every single film till date – be it Nehle Pe Dehla or recently flopped Ek Se Bure Do seems to show his lack of imagination in handling comedy and providing something new in terms of entertainment. Team is no exception either.
While Sohail and Yash Tonk simply irritate, Vrajesh Hirjee and his fake Punjabi accent grates on your nerves. Kulbhushan Kharbanda bores you with his forever glum expressions. The two heroines Aarti Chabbria and Amrita Arora are used only as glam dolls. However it is Sayaji Shinde who manages to evoke lot of laughter.
This film is a total waste of time and money for everyone. -Sampurn Media
- 'Team' a completely dated masala flick (IANS Film Review; Rating:**) - Jun 06, 2009
- Sohail Khan, Sanjay Suri, Chandrachur Singh this Friday - Take your pick! - Jun 05, 2009
- Jasveer Kaur goes comedy way! - Mar 27, 2010
- Movie Review: Daddy Cool (2009) - Aug 28, 2009
- Sangeeth Sivan's 'Kyaa Fool Hai Hum' runs into controversy - Jan 06, 2009
- SRK had tough time teaching son (Movie Snippets) - Feb 17, 2012
- Problem solver in Love Ka Tadka - Oct 28, 2009
- Indian clothes dominated Filmfare red carpet - Jan 30, 2011
- 'Khushiyaan' selected for Punjabi film fest in Toronto - May 17, 2012
- 'Golmaal 3' earns Rs.70 crore in initial weekend - Nov 09, 2010
- 'Golmaal 3' grosses Rs.117 crore worldwide in initial week - Nov 14, 2010
- Watch 'Delhi In A Day', a complete package (IANS Movie Review) - Aug 23, 2012
- Will Rohit Shetty strike gold with 'Golmaal 3'? - Nov 01, 2010
- 'Ishta'- an effort gone waste (Kannada Film Review) - Oct 22, 2011
- 'Chatursingh Two Star' to release Aug 19 - Jul 01, 2011
Tags: amrita arora, brains, extortion, filmmaking, financial help, hilarious consequences, jassi, movie review, music industry, pals, punjabi, raj, raman, skin show, sohail khan, target audiences, underworld, video album, yash tonk, zest