Movie Review: Kirkit (2009)June 12th, 2009 - 11:34 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Kitkit+Cricket = Kirkit: Amateurish Crap
Rating: 1 out of 5*
Starring: Jackie Shroff, Sayali Bhagat, Sanjay Kapoor, Johhny Lever and Gulshan Grover
Director: Shashi Preetam
Five spoilt rich brats come to Goa on a holiday from Mumbai. Their sole aim is to enjoy girls and alcohol which they assume one gets in abundance in Goa. They end up having clashes with another group of boys from Hyderabad who are very hot headed. If they think that was their last encounter together, they have more clashes as they end up landing in the same hotel wherein only a single room is available for both of them. Now when that matter gets resolved, they end up having a fight over the same girl in the hotel night club. Frustrated by their constant skirmishes the two groups then decide amongst them that to settle the matter for once and all between them as to who is the real winner, they will have a deciding cricket match. Their two cocky hotel managers played by Sanjay Kapoor and Gulshan Grover come to know of it and taking advantage of this situation they decide to turn it around into a money making business. They arrange the match on a larger scale and also invite their hotel owner (Jackie Shroff) and his blonde assistant as the chief guest. So there we have a match between the two teams aptly titled Mumbai Vada Pavs and Hyderabadi Biryani. How a smart Sayali Bhagat decides to exploit this situation further and what more complications it all leads to forms the rest of the film.
From the first frame of the film itself you are sure that the film ahead is going to be one helluva amateurish attempt at filmmaking. Corny one-liners, toilet humour, double innuendo jokes galore you name it you have it all. Pray why do they have to show five dudes pissing, so elaborately?
Technically not a single department is worth a mention. Characterisations full of cliché, lack of imaginative screenplay, trivial matters given more importance makes one difficult to sit through the entire film. All the team members of both teams are newcomer boys who simply lack any acting skills. They haven’t been presented well either.
We wonder what made Jackie Shroff, Sayali Bhagat and Sanjay Kapoor sign such an embarrassing affair. May be lack of good offers perhaps Our sincere request, don’t commit the mistake the above mentioned names have committed and stay miles away from this one even on Home Video.
- Jackie Shroff, Sayali Bhagat starrer Kirkit' released in Mumbai - Jun 11, 2009
- Coming soon ... parody on IPL, ICL - Mar 23, 2009
- Sayali Bhagat has a variety of films on hand - Jun 02, 2009
- Jackie wants to kill me over Salma Hayek: Gulshan Grover - Nov 24, 2010
- Bollywood should also come to Goa for IFFI: Jackie - Nov 23, 2011
- Manisha may bring Bollywood to Nepal - Nov 21, 2010
- Maalik Ek Review: Visit Shirdi Instead - Oct 30, 2010
- Vivek Oberoi's Reception Turns Out To Be A Star Studded Affair - Nov 02, 2010
- 'Singh Is Kinng 2' happening for sure: Vipul Shah (Movie Snippets) - Nov 29, 2010
- IIFA Awards: Bollywood stars cast spell on Toronto - Jun 23, 2011
- Review Of 'Impatient Vivek': Gather Your Patience Before Watching! - Jan 07, 2011
- I want to do different roles: Sayali Bhagat - Dec 01, 2011
- Court clears way for release of 'Naughty@40' - Mar 31, 2011
- Maalik Ek Preview: Jackie Shroff Makes A Comeback On Big Screen - Oct 29, 2010
- Bollywood actors walk the ramp for a cause in Mumbai - May 02, 2010
Tags: biryani, brats, chief guest, clashes, corny one liners, goa, gulshan grover, hotel managers, hotel night, hotel owner, hyderabad, innuendo, jackie shroff, sanjay kapoor, sayali bhagat, single room, skirmishes, sole aim, toilet humour, trivial matters