Movie Review: Hide N Seek (2010)March 12th, 2010 - 12:33 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
March 12, 2010 (Sampurn Wire):Hide N Seek- A must see for thriller fans
Rating: 3 out of 5*
Starring: Purab Kohli, Arjan Bajwa, Sameer Kochhar, Ayaaz Khan, Mrinalini Sharma and introducing Amruta Patki
Director: Shawn Arranha
The film revolves around six friends Om (Purab), Abhi (Sameer), Jaideep (Arjan), Imran (Ayaaz), Jyotika (Mrinalini) and Gunita (Amruta). When they were teenagers, a Christmas Party night changed it all for them and their individual lives were never the same again. 12 years pass by and now Om is back from the mental asylum where he was kept after that fateful night. Jaideep is a rowdy politician, Gunita a hot shot model, Imran a big film star and Abhi a business magnet, whereas Jyothika still pines for Om like she did when they were teenagers. But one late night each one of them is made unconscious and brought and dumped in a shopping mall. Meeting each other for the first time after 12 years in such a situation raises suspicion amongst them about each other. However, they soon realize they are being played by a person dressed in a Santa Claus outfit who is dictating terms to them there. The Santa orders them to play a game of Hide N Seek in the mall without resorting to cheating. But as soon as the game begins, one by one, each one of them starts getting murdered. Who is responsible for all this?
Debutante director Shawn Arranha makes an impact with his story telling technique and grip on his subject. Keeping the running time of exactly 105 minutes, never once does he deviate from the main plot or tries to pack in excess baggage. What works in favour of Hide N Seek is the fact that it remains true to its genre and delivers exactly what one expects from a slasher flick that’s just the right amount of edge of the seat moments and a very unpredictable climax. After a long time a good suspense thriller has hit the marquee, kudos to writer and producer of the film, Apoorva Lakhia, for that.
Purab Kohli shows his versatility in a very difficult role. Arjan Bajwa playing to the gallery manages to leave a good impression. Sameer Kochhar fits the part to the T. Ayaaz Khan last seen in Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na is impressive as well. Amongst the gals, Mrinalini Sharma is good whereas former Miss India Amruta Patki makes a decent debut.
The editing and background music score helps in increasing the impact of the proceedings.
The film may not boast of big star names but it works big time, thanks to the tight script, excellent direction and impressive performances. Don’t miss it if you are suspense thriller fan.
- Get ready to play Hide N Seek on 19th Feb - Feb 05, 2010
- I don't want the tag of Item Girl- Mrinalini Sharma - Dec 24, 2009
- Ex-Miss India Amruta Patki loves suspense flicks - Feb 16, 2010
- I didn't want exclusivity contracts: Amruta Patki - Mar 08, 2010
- I was recognized with the sex-talk show -Sameer Kochhar - Feb 08, 2010
- MY INTENTION IS TO MAKE PEOPLE TOO PLAY A GAME WHILE WATCHING MY FILM -Shawn Arranha - Mar 11, 2010
- Apoorva Lakhia Turns Producer, To Launch Miss India Amruta Patki - Jun 18, 2009
- Audiences will feel trapped while watching 'Hide N Seek': Director - Nov 24, 2009
- 'Hide & Seek' - This whodunit in mall works (IANS Film Review; Rating:**1/2) - Mar 13, 2010
- Badminton tournament between Hide N Seek cast - Jan 23, 2010
- Samir Kochhar plays Hide N Seek in a shopping mall! - Dec 11, 2009
- Purab Kohli tricks Mrinalini on sets of Hide N Seek - Feb 22, 2010
- Exams, IPL bowl out Bollywood in March - Mar 10, 2010
- Film with Sanjay Dutt not on Khalistan or 26/11: Lakhia - Oct 23, 2009
- 'Help' to break Friday 13th jinx - Jul 15, 2010
Tags: abhi, business magnet, christmas party, climax, debutante, excess baggage, fateful night, hot shot, kudos, mental asylum, movie review, mrinalini sharma, purab kohli, sameer, santa claus, shopping mall, shot model, slasher flick, suspense thriller, versatility