‘Mother India’ on singer Peter Andre’s all-time favourite listJune 10th, 2009 - 9:24 pm ICT by IANS
By Radhika Bhirani
Macau, June 10 (IANS) Britain-born Australian singer Peter Andre is not only ga-ga over Indian music, but also counts 1957’s cult Bollywood film “Mother India” among his personal favourites.
“Indian music is just beautiful. It has a wonderful range that I feel is lacking in the West. And some of the Indian instruments too are very beautiful,” Andre, who skyrocketed to success post his song “Mysterious Girl”, told IANS here Wednesday.
The singer said he has watched a lot of Bollywood films “and ‘Mother India’ is among some of my favourites”.
Andre, 36, is here to enthrall Bollywood fans with his performance at the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards extravaganza. He will perform two songs - “Mysterious Girl” and one from of his latest albums at the IIFA Fashion Extravaganza Friday.
He drove into the Grand Venetian Macao-Resort here in a limousine, looking his suave best in a blue shirt and trousers. He also said he would love to be a part of Bollywood films whenever there was an opportunity.
“Bring them (filmmakers and music composers) on! Let’s talk,” Andre chirped excitedly.
“I am here (in Macau) for two-three days, let’s see I will meet people and get to know a lot more names from the industry, so something might just take shape,” he added.
Andre, who had recently grabbed eyeballs during his much-publicised divorce from Katie Price, said he is also fascinated with Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty as she is a “wonderful lady”.
- Macau to host Star Parivaar Awards - Feb 17, 2011
- It's back to Singapore for IIFA this year - Apr 24, 2012
- Jacksons love Bollywood music, dance: Jermaine - Jun 24, 2011
- With stars, dance, music - IIFA spreads Indian fever in Toronto (Review) - Jun 27, 2011
- Vancouver bids to host IIFA in 2013 - Nov 14, 2011
- Amitabh enjoys gondola ride after 30 years - May 08, 2009
- New Bollywood hybrid music coming: Canadian composer - Aug 13, 2011
- You are amazing, Peter Andre tells Amitabh Bachchan - Jun 11, 2009
- Here comes '7 Notes to Infinity', film on Indian classical music - Jun 08, 2012
- Saif Ali Khan to host IIFA Rocks - Jun 01, 2011
- When Toronto was Bolly-wooed and bowled over - Jun 27, 2011
- Indian cinema best example of national integration: Amitabh - May 08, 2009
- I'm performing with Jermaine in Toronto: Sonu Niigaam - Jun 16, 2011
- Shahid to pay tribute to Shammi Kapoor, Dev Anand - Dec 30, 2011
- Lifetime achievement award honour for Rajesh Khanna at IIFA 2009 - Jun 01, 2009
Tags: australian singer, bollywood fans, bollywood film, bollywood films, eyeballs, fashion extravaganza, film academy, film mother india, filmmakers, indian film, indian instruments, indian music, katie price, limousine, music composers, mysterious girl, shilpa shetty, singer peter, trousers, two songs