Most stories about my relationships untrue: SohaAugust 1st, 2008 - 9:16 am ICT by IANS
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, Aug 1 (IANS) Soha Ali Khan’s life seems to have done a turnaround. The city is full of stories of her on-off relationship with Tamil star Siddharth but the actress laughs it all off. “I’m so amused by all these articles. I’m not admitting or denying anything. But most of what is being written is completely untrue. If it were a controversy regarding my career, I’d react. I wouldn’t want to comment on my personal life,” Soha, who worked with Siddharth in “Rang De Basanti”, told IANS.
“Neither will I comment on bhai’s (Saif Ali Khan’s) relationship with Kareena Kapoor, about which I’m often asked to be a spokesperson because he’s inaccessible. It’s so boring to comment on their relationship. It’s got nothing to with my life,” she added.
Prodded further, Soha said: “When I get married, I’d owe it to the public to tell them about it. But there’s no private life if I talk about it publicly.”
What about newspaper reports about her break-up with Siddharth?
“Those reports were entirely made up. I think such stories are written in the hope that I’d finally be provoked into reacting. Such reports of a relationship and a break-up are so flagrant they just annoy me,” Soha maintained.
What about her photograph with Siddharth was published the day after stories of their break-up appeared?
“I went with Siddharth and a group of friends to a musical event organised by (composer) Sandeep Chowta to cheer three of the greatest musical legends. Rather than cover the legends, the press found it more interesting to photograph me and Siddharth.”
“This - are-they-together-are-they-not - can go on for ever. My life isn’t an open book. But I’m not going to stop living my life the way I want to just because I’m a private person. I’ll go exactly where I want to and when I want and with whom I want to.”
At the moment Soho’s entire family - mother Sharmila Tagore, father Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi, and sister Saba - as also Kareena and her niece and nephew, has joined Saif in London. He is shooting for his first home production.
Alas, Soha isn’t with them.
“At the moment, I feel completely isolated in Mumbai. My parents and my sister are there in London. As it is, they are potential anglophiles. They inevitably spend a part of the year in London. Since bhai is there for a while, they all decided to join him.
“I can’t be with them because I’m shooting ‘Dhoondte Reh Jaoge’ with Kunal Khemu and Paresh Rawal in Mumbai. I’ve been travelling. But right now I’ve no choice but to enjoy the monsoon. I was hoping to join them. But I can’t. I’ll go on my own later,” said the actress, who earned critical acclaim for her performance in “Khoya Khoya Chand”.
Such full family reunions are rare for the Khan family.
“The last time we were all together was when my parents were in Mumbai. We all got together for dinner. It was unforgettable.”
Normally Soha’s father doesn’t travel to Mumbai.
“But he has been coming to Mumbai recently because of cricket. He’s attached to the BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India). My mother keeps coming for her film censorship work.
“As for Saif he’s become very family-oriented lately. He increasingly understands the importance of the family because of his attachment to his own children. He’s even started doing family films like ‘Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic’.”
- Kareena mum on wedding date (Movie Snippets) - Jun 06, 2012
- I'm quite secure in my relationship: Kareena - Jan 28, 2012
- Saif and I are together: Kareena Kapoor - Jul 12, 2011
- Not moving in with Soha, says Kunal Khemu - Jan 09, 2012
- Soha misses school days, envies school-going children - Jul 16, 2012
- Soha, Kunal together on 'Superstar Santa' (Movie Snippets) - Jan 20, 2012
- Being a nawab is huge responsibility: Saif - Nov 02, 2011
- Soha in no hurry to team up with mom again (With Images) - May 12, 2010
- Heroine not just for glamour in films: Sriram Raghavan - Mar 24, 2012
- Soha's 'Sahib...' look modelled on Sharmila's 'Anupama' - Feb 22, 2012
- Parineeti to try her luck in singing in future - May 04, 2012
- Kareena will bring in her 30th birthday in Latvia - Sep 17, 2010
- Saif steals a march over Abhay-Genelia's zombie movie! - Jan 06, 2012
- No marriage plans right now: Kunal Kemmu - Apr 16, 2012
- Working with ammi was bit scary: Soha Ali Khan - Mar 25, 2011
Tags: family mother, kareena kapoor, living my life, mumbai, musical legends, newspaper reports, pataudi, personal life, private life, private person, saba, saif ali khan, sharmila tagore, siddharth, soha ali khan, soho, spokesperson, subhash k jha, tamil star, turnaround