Most hurting decision, says Nikitha after being bannedSeptember 11th, 2011 - 9:10 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Sep 11 (IANS) What mistake have I committed to endure such a harsh punishment, asks multilingual actress Nikitha, who has been banned by the Kannada Producers’ Association (KPA) for three years for allegedly creating trouble in her co-star Darshan’s married life.
Darshan’s wife Vijayalaksmi filed a police complaint alleging that her actor husband assaulted her and threatened her and their young child with his licenced revolver. The actor was arrested Friday. In her complaint she blamed Nikitha for the problem in her marital life.
Darshan, who is in 14-day judicial custody, was shifted to the Rajiv Gandhi Hospital Saturday morning where he is being treated for various ailments.
Vijaylakshmi, who retracted from her statement, visited him in the hospital Sunday.
“I heard the news about KPA banning me for three years. Just this morning I came to Mumbai from New Delhi after completing a modelling assignment,” she told IANS.
“I got a phone call a known media person from Bangalore that a decision has been taken by the association to ban me. I think this has been the most hurting decision. What mistake have I committed to undergo such harsh punishments?”
The actress says the decision has not only spoiled her image, “it will also cast aspersions on my professional and public conduct. The producers have called me to hear my version. I am an artist in the Kannada film industry and I have acted with all top artists. Have they received any complaint about me from any artists or producer.”
Nikitha will also speak to Vijayalakshmi and ask her why she mentioned her name in the police complaint.
Soorappa Babu, the Secretary of KPA, told IANS that the ban does not apply to the two incompleted films of Nikitha incluidng “Krantiveera Sangolli Raayanna”, in which she is paired with Darshan.
But the incident has put many Kannada film producers in trouble, said Soorappa Babu.
Munirathna, president of KPA, said the decision pertains to the producers association and it does not relate to the Karnataka Film Chamber of Commerce.
“Since Vijayalakshmi has given a complaint naming the actress responsible for the storm in her marital life, we have taken a decision to ban the actress for three years,” he said adding that the association has not spoken to Nikitha in this regard.
- Kannada actor denied bail in wife assault case - Sep 13, 2011
- Kannada actor awaits bail in wife beating case - Sep 14, 2011
- Kannada actor, wife apologise to Kannadigas - Oct 09, 2011
- Kannada actor Darshan denied bail in wife assault case - Sep 20, 2011
- Actress Nikita Thukral banned for 3 years for having affair with co-star - Sep 14, 2011
- I'm relieved, says Nikita after ban is lifted - Sep 15, 2011
- Ban on Nikita lifted - Sep 15, 2011
- High court grants conditional bail to Kannada actor - Oct 07, 2011
- Kannada actor Darshan arrested, jailed for 'assaulting' wife - Sep 09, 2011
- Hearing on Kannada actor's bail plea after two weeks (Lead) - Sep 22, 2011
- Kannada actor back in jail for wife assault - Sep 21, 2011
- Now Shruti Haasan sings for Kannada film - Mar 14, 2010
- 'Dashamukha' - a different affair (Kannada Movie Review) - Apr 14, 2012
- Veteran director K.S.R. Doss dead - Jun 09, 2012
- Kannada film industry looks up: Success ratio up (2011 In Retrospect) - Dec 28, 2011
Tags: ailments, aspersions, co star, darshan, film producers, gandhi hospital, harsh punishment, harsh punishments, judicial custody, kannada film industry, kpa, married life, media person, police complaint, producers association, rajiv gandhi, revolver, saturday morning, sep 11, vijayalakshmi