Morrissey slams Royal weddingApril 29th, 2011 - 7:45 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, April 29 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Former SMITHS frontman, Morrissey, will not be having anything to do with the Royal Wedding on Friday. Morrissey is known to be not a fan of the Royal Family- at least that is what some of his comments on the family suggests.
In an interview, Morrissey called the family “benefit scroungers” saying they serve no purpose to the British people. He added that England does not need the Royal Family for anything. The comments came just hours before the Royal Wedding between Prince William and Kate Middleton.
When he was asked about whether he will watch the wedding, Morrissey was emphatic saying, “Why would I watch the wedding? I couldn’t take any of that seriously. I don’t think the so-called Royal Family speaks for England, I don’t think England needs them.”
Morrissey might not be watching the wedding but billions of others worldwide will be watching the proceedings from the comfort of their homes. Thousands of others are expected to line the streets and descend on Westminster Abbey to witness the ceremony.
Kate will be part of the Royal Family after the wedding. Prince William is second in line to the throne in Britain.
- ISS astronauts congratulate British royal couple - Apr 29, 2011
- White House congratulates royal couple on their wedding - Apr 30, 2011
- Kate Middleton's grandaunt thinks her niece is too good for Prince William - Apr 18, 2011
- William weds Kate (Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
- George Michael to record song for Kate-William wedding - Apr 12, 2011
- Becks to miss the Royal wedding? - Feb 25, 2011
- Prince William's in-laws offer 'adult' outfits online - Jan 23, 2012
- Medvedev congratulates British royal couple - Apr 29, 2011
- UK Government trying to make money out of Royal Wedding - Feb 04, 2011
- Church issues prayer for Prince William, Kate Middleton's marriage - Apr 08, 2011
- Prince William and Kate Middleton announce April wedding - Nov 24, 2010
- Fairytale wedding for Will-Kat - world hopes happily ever after - Apr 29, 2011
- Hollywood celebs inundate Twitter with royal wedding comments - Apr 30, 2011
- Fans camp at Westminster Abbey for Royal Wedding - Apr 27, 2011
- Will-Kat to spend royal wedding eve dusk away from each other - Apr 27, 2011
Tags: april 29, billions, british people, england, family benefit, kate middleton, london, morrissey, prince william, prince william and kate, prince william and kate middleton, proceedings, royal family, royal wedding, slams, smiths, westminster abbey, william and kate