Morrissey, Johnny Marr getting back together for Smiths reunion?December 11th, 2008 - 5:26 pm ICT by ANI
London, December 11 (ANI): The Smiths may be getting back together after the bands vocalist Morrissey and guitarist Johnny Marr were said to be back on speaking terms.
The alternative rock band, which had included bassist Andy Rourke and drummer Mike Joyce, had split in 1987 following disagreements between Morrissey and Marr and turned down several offers to reform.
The very fact they are talking again is the most hopeful thing in years. The industry has been buoyant with talk of them getting back together, the Mirror quoted a source as saying.
A lot of people think of them as the best thing since the Beatles. Theyd fill stadiums many times over, the source added.
The Smiths had been dubbed by critics as one of the most important alternative rock bands to emerge from the British independent music scene of the 1980s.
The Brit group, which had had nine Top 20 hits, including This Charming Man, has had major influence on subsequent bands such as Oasis and Radiohead. (ANI)
- Folk, rock, fusion music in Manali's cool air - Jun 02, 2012
- 'We're not rock stars, we're musicians' - Apr 04, 2012
- Metallica working on a 3D film - Jan 10, 2012
- Music band dedicates 'Amitabh uncle' to Big B - May 12, 2012
- Drummer Zak Starkey Of "The Who" Was Amazing In Super Bowl Halftime Show - Feb 08, 2010
- Toploader Unites To Rock Again! - Dec 06, 2010
- Cheap Trick to come out with new album - Aug 20, 2010
- 'Diary Of A Mad Band'-DVD By Down Releasing On 11th October - Aug 30, 2010
- VersaEmerge Singer Sierra Kusterbeck, To Be Featured On "World Of Jenks" - Oct 19, 2010
- Courtney Love's band Hole to reunite for docu screening - Mar 27, 2011
- Jazz musicians in Delhi mix new sounds with new venues (Feature) (With images) - Jul 23, 2012
- Freddie Mercury to come alive at Queen show - May 13, 2012
- Winter fest, youngsters give jazz a chance - Dec 14, 2011
- Lady Gaga loves the sitar: Fateh Ali Khan (With Images) - Jun 03, 2012
- New album from Killing Joke due this November - Sep 21, 2010
Tags: 1980s, alternative rock band, alternative rock bands, andy rourke, bassist, beatles, brit, charming man, disagreements, drummer mike, guitarist, independent music scene, johnny marr, mike joyce, morrissey, oasis, radiohead, speaking terms, stadiums, vocalist