Morissette suffered from eating disordersNovember 25th, 2011 - 3:08 am ICT by IANS
London, Nov 25 (IANS) Canadian singer Alanis Morissette suffered from eating disorders anorexia and bulimia when she was a teenager.
“There are often traumas, abuses and neglect that are begging to be healed. Fat can be a way to protect ourselves and survive, a way to control something in a world where everything feels out of control, and a way to stave off profound fear of feeling our feelings,” femalefirst.co.uk quoted the singer as saying.
“I often find anxiety, fear, boredom, disappointment, loneliness, excitement and grief to be the top feelings food can attempt to prevent,” she added.
The 37-year-old, who has an 11-month-old son Ever Imre with husband Mario “Souleye” Treadway, still has a fraught relationship with food and fat.
“See, my fraught relationship with food and fat has always been a cloaked invitation into a more profound kindness to myself, one I have so often ignored,” she added.
- Morissette welcomes baby boy - Dec 29, 2010
- Alanis Morissette gives birth to baby boy on Christmas Day - Dec 28, 2010
- Alanis Morissette still nursing son - May 19, 2012
- Morissette posts son's first picture on Twitter - Feb 10, 2011
- Santa Claus Gifts Alanis Morrisette A Baby Boy On Christmas Day - Dec 28, 2010
- Alanis Morissette And Souleye Get Married - Jun 08, 2010
- Alanis Morissette and husband expecting their first child - Aug 12, 2010
- Alanis Morissette marries rapper Souleye - Jun 08, 2010
- Alanis Morissette And Mario Souleye Treadway To Welcome Their First Child - Aug 13, 2010
- Alanis Morissette marries rapper beau - Jun 08, 2010
- 'Thank U' India singer Morissette ties knot - Jun 08, 2010
- Alanis Morisette's Secret Marriage To Souleye - Jun 08, 2010
- 'Thank U, India' star Morissette is pregnant - Aug 12, 2010
- Beware - eating disorders might hasten death - Jul 14, 2011
- Alanis Morissette says she was raped and abused in her teens - Nov 01, 2008
Tags: alanis morissette, anorexia and bulimia, anxiety, canadian singer, disappointment, eating disorders, excitement, fear boredom, feelings, grief, invitation, kindness, loneliness, mario, neglect, profound fear, souleye, teenager, traumas, treadway