More than awards, Ranbir wants lot of people to see ‘Barfi!’September 13th, 2012 - 3:17 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, Sep 13 (IANS) What are Ranbir Kapoor’s expectations from “Barfi!”? The Bollywood heartthrob says the biggest reward would be if audiences appreciate the film by thronging the movie halls in large numbers.
Ranbir swept award functions with his role as a lovelorn singer in “Rockstar” last year, and going by the reviews the actor is likely to repeat the same for his performance as a deaf and mute boy in “Barfi!”.
Talking about his expectations from the film, he told IANS: “It feels good when you get an award. But for this, I really hope that people come to watch the film in large numbers. If the audiences see it and it is a hit, and makes a lot of money, I think that’s the biggest award anyone can get.”
With no dialogues and only expressions at work, the actor admits he enjoyed being a part of it.
“It was a great fun because there were no dialogues to learn. Anurag Basu was the director and I was always keen to work with. Even before he narrated the script to me, I had decided I wanted to work with him,” Ranbir said.
“And today, I can say with lot of confidence and lot humility that he is the finest filmmaker to work with and I wish to do a film with him again,” the 29-year-old added.
“Barfi!” has hit the screens Friday. It also stars Priyanka Chopra and Ileana D’Cruz.
- 'Barfi' was like dumb charades for me, says Ranbir Kapoor - Sep 01, 2012
- Ranbir assures 'no disability' in 'Barfi' - Jul 03, 2012
- Singers add a lot to an actor's career: Ranbir - Aug 06, 2012
- 'Barfi!' gets U-certificate, Anurag Basu excited - Sep 02, 2012
- Anurag Basu plans English 'Barfi!' - Sep 19, 2012
- Ask me about work, not affairs: Ranbir - Sep 08, 2012
- Ranbir Kapoor sings a song for 'Barfi' - Sep 10, 2012
- 'Barfi' not a silent film, says Anurag Basu - Jul 04, 2012
- 'Barfi!' not getting delayed because of Priyanka: Anurag Basu - Apr 27, 2012
- Dad's passion inspires Ranbir to do better work - Jan 30, 2012
- 'Barfi!' wins hearts, collects over Rs.34 crore in first weekend - Sep 17, 2012
- Charming, pure, 'Barfi!' a modern masterpiece (IANS Movie Review - Rating: ****) - Sep 14, 2012
- Ranbir redefining stardom: Nawazuddin - Aug 08, 2012
- 'Barfi!' mints Rs.58.6 crore in first week - Sep 21, 2012
- Richa Chaddha to shoot for 'Ram Leela'? (Movie Snippets) - Sep 04, 2012