Moore writes parenting bookMarch 27th, 2012 - 6:21 am ICT by IANS
London, March 27 (IANS) Actress Julianne Moore has written a book to help children understand different nationalities.
Moore’s mother Anne emigrated to America from Scotland when she was 10 years old and the 51-year-old says her experience inspired her to create the children’s picture book, “My Mom is a Foreigner”, aimed at helping kids whose parents come from another country.
“I know lots of women who have mums from Poland, Russia or Puerto Rico - somewhere that was considered different. This book is all about what it’s like to be the first generation in a new country,” contactmusic.com quoted Moore as saying.
“It’s really about children talking about what it is to have a parent from another country and all of the things that you grow up with and things that are difficult for you, like language differences,” she added.
- Moore gets British citizenship - Aug 30, 2011
- Julianne Moore designs Valentine's cards - Jan 23, 2012
- Julianne Moore still struggling to cope with mum's death - Oct 29, 2010
- Garner eyes return to action movies - Aug 27, 2012
- Shania Twain 'didn't wanted to live after divorce from ex-hubby' - May 04, 2011
- Puerto Rican rappers sing on social ills - Jul 03, 2011
- Parenting moving towards mutual growth, freedom - Apr 15, 2012
- Why Ricky Martin won't marry his partner? - Dec 16, 2010
- Sundance film connects to India with message to adopt girl child - Mar 19, 2012
- Rapper Redimi2 to debut as writer - Sep 08, 2011
- 'Scrooge' teacher reined in over Santa gaffe - Dec 05, 2011
- Ricky Martin wraps up world tour - Nov 14, 2011
- Mom hands son over to cops fearing murder - Jan 07, 2012
- Puerto Rico rocked by boy's death from malnutrition - Nov 22, 2011
- Victoria's family is her priority - Jul 12, 2012
Tags: 10 years, actress julianne moore, book london, foreigner, helping kids, julianne moore, language differences, london march, mom, mother anne, parenting book, parents, picture book, poland, puerto rico, russia, scotland