Moore gets British citizenshipAugust 30th, 2011 - 1:53 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 30 (IANS) Actress Julianne Moore, who was born in the US, is “thrilled” after gaining British citizenship and says that the move will please her late mother Anne, who was a Scottish.
“I’ve just become a UK (Britain) citizen. Isn’t that something? I’m really thrilled and it would have meant the world to her (mom). Her parents emigrated when she was 10, so she didn’t have a choice about moving to the United States,” contactmusic.com quoted Moore as saying.
The 50-year-old’s mother had to renounce her British citizenship when she married Peter, an American who was an army colonel and later a military judge.
“My sister and I both remember her coming home in tears carrying the American flag,” she said.
- Moore writes parenting book - Mar 27, 2012
- Julianne Moore still struggling to cope with mum's death - Oct 29, 2010
- Julianne Moore still struggling to cope with mother's death - Jan 25, 2010
- Julianne Moore praises Sarah Palin - Feb 28, 2012
- Demi Moore becomes face of Ann Taylor - Aug 04, 2011
- Julianne Moore honoured for philanthropy work - Feb 08, 2011
- Bening keen to reprise lesbian role - Dec 20, 2010
- Anna Paquin happy to be a mother - Jul 22, 2012
- Russell Brand's long legs scared Suri Cruise - Jun 13, 2012
- Julianne Moore was teased over hair in school - Oct 18, 2010
- Julianne's regrets about mum's death - Jan 25, 2010
- Gomez set to become big sister - Nov 27, 2011
- Julianne Moore Speaks About Her Red Hair Teasing Experience In School - Oct 19, 2010
- Moore wants Kutcher back ? - Mar 15, 2012
- Mirren surprised over best body title - Sep 22, 2011
Tags: actress julianne moore, american flag, army colonel, british citizenship, citizen, coming home, julianne moore, london, military judge, mom, mother anne, moving to the united states, parents, uk britain